Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakshmiprasad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Mutual understanding divorce?
    I want mutual understanding dirvoce... I applied in court... When I will get the dirvorce for him
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2012, 11:31 AM
    Where are you at ? In the US I have never heard this term before? There are no fault divorce, there is mutual consent. At least in the US, you and your soon to be ex, write up, sign and file your divorce petition with the court. A court date is set sometime in the future, depending on courts, it can be one month to six months in the future. At the court hearing, the judge signs the divorce and it comes final.

So did you file any paper work with the court ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Please Help me! My brother died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce. His evil wife (only 2 years marriage) now is trying to get all my brother's heritage (i.e. the house of my parents-they still paying a house-loan). Is anything we can do to prevent this? Thank you in advance for...

What's the procedure for a mutual agreement to modify stipulations in divorce decree? [ 6 Answers ]

We got divorced in 1997. We both have remarried. Our children are over eighteen now. There are a few other changes in circumstances. What is the easiest way to amend or modify some of the stipulations in that decree in South Dakota.

Divorce with mutual understanding [ 2 Answers ]

I want divorce with mutual understanding.actually I am unemployed but she is employed & earn sufficient to survive her life.I also want that if she want to marry to any other person there is no objection from my side.

View more questions Search