Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addyrookie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 11:13 PM
    Development strategies for my 4 yr old
    My son is 4 years old.He is very close to his grandpa, with whom he spends most of his time.When he was a little over 2 years old , he started playing with bricks that were left over from our home renovation , supervised by my dad.When I came to see what he had been up to ,I was astonished.He had built an entire colony of houses, with each one of them having a separate entrance and a lawn.He had built one everyone in my extended family.He used marbles to represent every member , small marbles for the children and large one for the adults.I was in awe when I discovered that he had placed all the elderly (including my parents) in rooms on the ground floor ,children were placed on first floor.He even had made provision for my younger brother's family , who was single at that time.He had built this structure on the roof of our garage.

In the following months , he built an apartment building with same considerations for the elderly but this time with larger and thicker bricks.Next up he constructed a boat built out of similar bricks with two chairs in the center, a small one for himself and a larger one for my dad.

Six months ago , when he was 3 and a half years old.A friend of mine gifted a new tricycle to my son.Since he already had one we decided to keep it in the attic.So one day he asks his mom when will he get to ride his new bike.My wife told him he will get it when the old one is broken.So on a Sunday afternoon when everyone was asleep took the bike and a screwdriver and went to work.When we woke up we saw that every single piece of the bike has been disassembled and placed in an orderly manner , seat placed in the center in between the wheels , nuts and bolts placed in separate groups,washers and rubbers on either side of the seat.He had managed to dismantle it to its smallest parts without damaging a single piece.I called a cycle shop to have it rebuilt , but the owner refused to acknowledge that a three year old could have done it.

He spends his nights watching the night sky and admiring the stars.He can identify all the major constellations in the sky , all thanks to his grandfather.He also has the habit of carrying as screw driver in his pocket and loves to open up all his toys when he becomes bored with them (which happens quite frequently).

He My son is 4 years old.He is very close to his grandpa, with whom he spends most of his time.When he was a little over 2 years old , he started playing with bricks that were left over from our home renovation , supervised by my dad.When I came to see what he had been up to ,I was astonished.He had built an entire colony of houses, with each one of them having a separate entrance and a lawn.He had built one everyone in my extended family.He used marbles to represent every member , small marbles for the children and large one for the adults.I was in awe when I discovered that he had placed all the elderly (including my parents) in rooms on the ground floor ,children were placed on first floor.He even had made provision for my younger brother's family , who was single at that time.He had built this structure on the roof of our garage.

In the following months , he built an apartment building with same considerations for the elderly but this time with larger and thicker bricks.Next up he constructed a boat built out of similar bricks with two chairs in the center, a small one for himself and a larger one for my dad.

Six months ago , when he was 3 and a half years old.A friend of mine gifted a new tricycle to my son.Since he already had one we decided to keep it in the attic.So one day he asks his mom when will he get to ride his new bike.My wife told him he will get it when the old one is broken.So on a Sunday afternoon when everyone is asleep

He spends his nights watching the night sky and admiring the stars.He can identify all the major constellations in the sky , all thanks to his grandfather.He also has the habit of carrying as screw driver in his pocket and loves to open up all his toys when he becomes bored with them (which happens quite frequently).

When he started school , he hated it and would continuously stare at the classroom gate and as soon as the teacher opened it , he would storm off, climb the fence and make a dash to the main gate.Eventually someone would get hold of him and bring him back and the cycle would continue. Now the tantrums in school have subsided but I am not sure how to proceed with his education.

I would like to know what can we do to help him in development of his mental abilities.

Check out some similar questions!

Analyze strategies? [ 0 Answers ]

She makes bracelets by braiding 3 strands of yarn. She has red,yellow,purple and white yarn. How many different bracelets can she make?

Contingency strategies [ 1 Answers ]

Importance of contingency strategies

Analyze strategies [ 1 Answers ]

The hawks lost to the Orioles by 4 runs. There were 18 Runs scored in the game. How many runs did the Orioles score?

Analyze Strategies [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here we go now remember its 3rd grade Math Im sure I am making it harder then it is. Suppose Susan wants 49 boxes of light bulbs. She can order them in packs of 10 boxes or 1 box at a time. How many ways can she order 49 boxes?

Strategies of Communication [ 2 Answers ]

What strategies might you use to communicate the use of data effectively in written business reports?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.