Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluedicius Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2004, 06:40 PM
    Inequality problems
    A type of cake requires 150g of flour. Another requires 750g of flour. At most, 2.25kg of flour is available, how do you represent this in an inequality?

A dog owner wants to build a rectangular dog run usiing no more than 20m of fencing. She wants the run to have an area of at least 20 square meters. How do you represent this problem as an inequality?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Dec 3, 2004, 02:51 AM
    lets define SmallCake as a number of cakes that require 150g of flour, and
    lets define BigCake as a number of cakes that require 750g of flour
    notice that SmallCake and BigCake must be natural numbers

so our inequality is:
    SmallCake*150g + BigCake*750g <= 2250g

-----

rectangle is not a square, so lets define W as width and H as height of the dog run

then our (system of) inequalities look like this:
    2*W + 2*H <= 20 (that means that the total amount of fence used is not more then 20m)
    W*H >= 20 (that means that the area must be bigger than 20 square meters)

Kresho
    bluedicius Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2004, 04:07 PM
    Thank you, you've helped me out a lot, I really appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gender Inequality [ 20 Answers ]

I am from India. I am aware that India is currently facing many internal problems and I would like to make people aware of this and persuade them to unite to fight this problem. The problems are 1) Increasing Feminism leading to collapse of social infrastructure. 2) Biased legal system where Laws...

Problems [ 2 Answers ]

:p :D in Allosteric enzymeswhat happens when the ATP concentration is high and when it is low and how is it regulated?

Dog problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, We just got our pound doggie back from the vet after he was fixed. From the moment we brought him home he has been gaging almost non stop. What in the world could we give him and what could be causing this,he has had all of his updated shots. They estimated him to be less than 2 years old. ...

93 FGM Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 93 Grand Marquis that I've been trying to troubleshoot for a while now. I can't really figure out which it could be, no one in town has the diagnostic for the car for some strange reason not even ford. Well, there are places but they want to charge an arm and leg to test it. What's going...

Need help solving compound linear inequality [ 1 Answers ]

Help! the problem is 2-8(3x-1) less than/equal to 4+6x-2 (4-x) I came up with x greater than/equal to -7/8. Is this right?? Thank you!

View more questions Search