Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bankfooth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
    Electrical questions and answers?
    Have changed over bathroom fan, new one only has 2 connections old one had red yellow and blue, switch outside has red at top yellow at bottom and blue in separate connector block with others, new fan asks only for live and neutral, which wire should go where?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
    How about starting with the model and mfg of the fan?
    Then tell us exactly what wire you have at the ceiling.

If all you have is a fan then before you obviously had much more, like a light and possibly heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free electrical questions answers? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 240volt single phase panel and I need to hook up a 3phase 208 volt sub panel to it for a festival this weekend,can I do it? I know I will only be able to use 2phases of the 3 phase panel.I don't need 3phase anyway

Electrical questions and answers [ 13 Answers ]

I am reading 120v to my ceiling fan (where fan connects to ceiling) even when the switches to the fan are in the off position. I have check all wiring connections and they seem to be fine. I have been in this house for 7 years with no problem. Can't figure this one out. How can it have electricity...

Free answers to electrical questions [ 1 Answers ]

I was called upon to try and fix a GFCI in a bathroom that occasionally trips. There is a 12/2 20 amp feeder coming into a three gang plastic box. In the box are the GFCI, a single pole switch to a fan, and a dimmer switch to a lighted medicine cabinet. Occasionally, the GFCI trips after you turn...

View more questions Search