Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

Feb 17, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Can't remember the book
    I remember reading a book, it was a collection of stories or poems; I'm not sure which. There are two I remember, one is about a girl who gets given a charm necklace by a man, and each year he gives her a new charm for it that can control the weather, and she was told she should never take it off or something will happen (I can't remember) when she was in school a girl was really jealous of her necklace so she told the teacher and the teacher made her take it off and the jealous girl stole it, only for her dad to take it from her and try to sell it. The other story was about a girl who lived inside a broken down bus with her mother or grandmother and she kept stealing apples from the garden of the man who lived next to them; I can't remember any more of that though. There were silhouette pictures to go with each story; does anyone know what this book was called?

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remember name of book? [ 1 Answers ]

A young women goes to work at a historical place like Williamsburg as a waitress. She takes the name of someone who used to live during that time. Maybe colonial times. It might have been in Canada. Eventually she travels back in time to take the place of the person who's name she took and is...

Can't remember book title (Childrens/YA book) [ 4 Answers ]

I read a book in the early to mid 1990s with this plot: A girl, either a pre-teen or young teen, plays some game in front of a mirror. Suddenly she can see through the mirror to another girl who looks just like her, except inside the mirror it's obviously the 18th or 19th century. Somehow the...

Don't remember book name [ 1 Answers ]

The book was about a world that no one could see color (somewhat of a futurized theme) and there was one person out of the entire society that had all the memories of the people. The boy realizes that when his job is chosen for him that he is going to be this person because he sees the color red of...

Where do I find a romance book title for a book I can't remember? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from the 90's, it has home in the title, and the main characters are helen and rafe.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.