Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    master217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Question about gold hallmarks?
    I have a large gold ring (48 grams ) with marks of 14K and M.C.G.
    I can't identify what marking M.C.G. Means on my ring.
    Does these marks on my ring mean its real gold!
    Am I to understand, the stamp 14K (585) means - 58.5%, or 14 karat gold.
    M.C.G. - hallmarked in US or Europe ?
    Can you possibly identify this? Thank you.
    AntoninV Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2012, 02:18 AM
    http://www.morninggloryantiques.com/JewelChatMarks2.html
    Again... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ring with no gold hallmarks? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently looking at selling my ex-fiancee's white gold diamond engagement ring. When I bought the ring it was hallmarked, its 18ct white gold with a 1.34ct diamond, however the hallmark was removed when she had the ring resized (down by one size) at the time this didn't seem to be too...

Goldish thimble what do hallmarks mean? Is it gold? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me! I have a goldish thimble that has designs and has markings on outside of thimble. They are - a lion head faceing left, 18 with circle around it, then a crown, and then 11. There also is a spot that has a cursive M and a cursive H .Inside thimble looks like no...

Goldish thimble what do hallmarks mean? Is it gold? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me! I have a goldish thimble that has designs and has markings on outside of thimble. They are - a lion head faceing left, 18 with circle around it, then a crown, and then 11. There also is a spot that has a cursive M and a cursive H .Inside thimble looks like no...

Hallmarks on white gold ring [ 1 Answers ]

Have a white gold ring with JLD a crown ,375 a leopard head and a letter C. Can you please tell me what all these mean, the ring was given to mean so I have no history Thanks Mark

Gold Hallmarks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a thimble Its gold, it feels like gold, it has hallmarks, But I don't know if its gold, it looks like the letter L, an Anchor, and either another Anchor, or a Lion. Can you tell me if this is gold or gold filled Thanks

View more questions Search