Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Final paycheck withheld
    I'm a postal carrier I got hurt over a year ago and didn't notice but I was owed my last check my postmaster called me today and said she was holding my check is this legal in Missouri with federal employees
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 17, 2012, 04:54 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. Especially a 5 yr old thread that has nothing to do with your question. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Its generally not legal to withhold pay. But since you didn't tell us why it was being withheld its hard to advise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2012, 06:13 PM
    So did he call and want you to come and pick it up ? Normally with the Federal Government they have exit interviews they require and a out processing.
    chris234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 08:41 AM
    There was no reason for it to be held I got hurt at work and I am on workmans comp,until surgery
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chris234 View Post
    there was no reason for it to be held i got hurt at work and i am on workmans comp,until surgery
    That doesn't answer our questions.

We can't help you if you don't give us the facts.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
    Are you sure she didn't mean she was holding it for you to pick up and didn't want to mail it which would hold it back longer. Maybe this is a misunderstanding. There is a big difference between "withholding" and just holding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Withholding Final Paycheck [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in Florida I worked for a mom and pop type gas station. I was there for a few months. After being yelled at and overworked, I up and quit one day. No notice, nothing. Yes I know this is inappropriate but its done and over now. I should have gotten my final paycheck on, Feb 21st. Well, the...

How do I stop taxes from being withheld from my paycheck? I want to pay in all in jan [ 5 Answers ]

I want to pay the total at the end of the year so that I can gain more interest in the bank. What form must I fill out and what do I enter?

Paycheck without Tax withheld (F1 Chinese student in North Carolina) [ 7 Answers ]

I did an internship from Jan 2009 to Aug 2009 (using CPT) in North Carolina. The paychecks from HR was no deduction at all between the periods and now I receive a w-2 form that has nothing in Box 1 to 6, or Box 17. Only in Box 16 shows State wages which was the amount I earned before. There...

How can I figure the percent of my income that will be withheld each paycheck? [ 2 Answers ]

I am switching jobs and I know about how much I am going to make. I need to know roughly how much I will pay in taxes per month. I am married with three kids and we will make less than 25,000 a year. Can you give me a rough percentage to calculate what I will owe?

No taxes withheld from paycheck? [ 1 Answers ]

I just accepted a new position and was told for the first three months no taxes would be taken from my paycheck. 1. Why would a company choose to do this during the "trial period?" 2. I think I am supposed to put aside an amount (based on my tax bracket) that would normally be withheld because...

View more questions Search