Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Prettylilme93 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
    Will I have to use skin lighteners forever to keep my new skin color?
    I recently bleach my skin, I was a light-brown color and now I'm a fair tan color. Do have to keep use whitening products to keep my color?
    littlesister83 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 08:07 PM
    Bleaching your skin is actually very harsh on your skin. But being that you started you will have to maintain this new skin tone. I would recommend something mild so it does not do anymore damage to your skin. Something without the hydroquinone, lemon juice will work. Also Dermalogica has products to help lighten skin though its mostly for the face, and if you have done your whole body that could get expensive. Here is a link for Dermalogica:
    http://www.dermalogica.com/us/
    Hope this helped :)
    Prettylilme93 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 09:04 AM
    How long does bleached skin last?
    Will melanin permanently reduce a little from bleached skin when the skin go back to normal? How long does bleached skin last? And are whitening pills permanent?
    littlesister83 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 02:18 PM
    Whitening stops the production of melanin. You have altered the skins configuration and stopped the production of melanin. Skin in now affected by the suns rays, it will reoxidise leading to more pigmentation, or possibly hyperpigmentation/hypopigmentation and premature aging. This also happens if you use any sort of peels on the skin. I believe that the severity of the damage already done to the skin and any possible chance of seeing normalcy, will depend on the bodies ability to recoup in attempt to continue to produce melanin in an even tone, though it is a rare chance it is not impossible for the body do. Here are some sits that inform you of the effects:

http://docgerrytan.com/2006/09/26/the-harmful-effects-of-skin-whitening-creams/
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/16/health/16skin.html?pagewanted=all
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5106404_side-effects-skin-bleaching-creams.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I have to use skin lighteners all my life to maintain my color? [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im wondering about something When you start using skin lightening creams is it necessary to use it every time to maintain the color you achieved with the cream Or else skin color will darken? Even if its natural creams? Please people who totally stopped using lightening or withening...

What are the best skin lighteners for african american [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm new to this web site and I'm trying to figure out how everything works but anyway I would like to know the best lightening products that work for African American with a dark complexion.Also the best products lightening black spots on face and lightening area around my eyes and...

Can Skin lighteners get rid of acne? [ 9 Answers ]

This is going to be my 2nd and last thread for the night. But do skin lighteners get rid of acne? Because I started using one ans I started t oget acne, but it might also be because I used a different moisturizer that wasn't as strong as the one I normally use.

Can you mix skin lighteners? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could mix skin lighteners.? From the Meladerm website it says "We do not recommend you directly mix the product with any other substance. You may use additional moisturizers, toners and cleansing products in routine with our products. Please test for skin irritation when...

View more questions Search