Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FlyMeThere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Meteorology question?
    This morning air temperature was -2 Celsius, Freezing Fog was reported by the broadcast media, car windshields had a frozen film that may have been frozen dew, and other (non-glass) car surfaces has large drops that were frozen and other areas with what looked like hoarfrost.

How could the water have "frozen" solid without first crystallizing, given the air temperature was only -2? I was under the impression that for homogenous nucleation, the temperature would need to fall in the range of -20 C or colder. Could Radiation Cooling remove so much heat that the water drops experienced a -20 C ambient condition?

Check out some similar questions!

Meteorology [ 1 Answers ]

What relationship exisits between the temperature of the air and its capacity to hold water vapor?

What is meteorology [ 1 Answers ]

Meteorology Question Regarding Aircraft and Altitude [ 0 Answers ]

Two aircraft are flying side-by-side at 200 kmlh toward the east at the 4 km level near 55 N latitude, with a 65 kmlh tailwind from the west. One aircraft has a radar altimeter which measures exact height above the ground, while the other aircraft has a pressure altimeter. They both turn to fly...

Meteorology questions [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for answers to these questions. If anyone could help answer this, I would appreciate it a lot... thanks 1. Under what atmospheric condition is the actual mixing ratio equal to the saturation mixing ratio? 2. Is it possible for thunderstorms to form if the lower troposphere is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.