Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhoenixRaven999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 07:23 AM
    ?Can an employer essentially dock a salaried employee's pay for lateness in VA?
    If you are late by any amount of time my husband's manager makes you buy breakfast for the team which is somewhere in the neighborhood of $50. I realize technically this isn't "docking" pay but it amounts to the same thing - us being out $50 if my husband is late. I don't know if he's exempt or non-exempt but regardless this seems excessive and it doesn't seem legal to me. Is it? Is there anything I can do?

Check out some similar questions!

Pay deductions due to lateness [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My employee has recently introduced pay deductions due to lateness. Its £1 per every minute you are late, we are paid hourly and do not get paid extra if work for instance extra 15min. It does say in the contract that I will be fined if I clock in late. Is it legal ? Sometimes my shifts are...

Can the employer dock a day of work [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a Small Animal Hospital. My manager is saying that she will take one of the days that I am schedule to work from me, because the shoes that I was wearing was not OSHA compliant. Resent papers we signed it said that I cannot wear sandals or open back or open toe shoes. I was not wearing...

Salaried employee's pay docked [ 1 Answers ]

In Alabama can an employee be docked for missing a day of work if they are classified as salaried and their time is billed out for the company benefit? And I am told I cannot be paid overtime!

Employer threatening to dock wages. [ 6 Answers ]

My employer recently sent out a mass e-mail threatening to dock wages if the Dress Code is not adhered to, at the rate of 50 cents per hour for 30 days. They send out secret shoppers and evidently are willing to take the word of the secret shopper as truth. Is this legal? Thanks

Dock Pay for two days.Assumed Dock? [ 6 Answers ]

I was docked for two days and I was there at work, working. I cannot believe the STATE would authorize this, and I won't be "walked all over upon" This really screwed me up because it made my check SHORT... they pulled and turned it around within 4-5 business days, but missed my Pre-Scheduled...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.