Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brao28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Deep frying oil
    Will it make you sick if you use the oil in a deep fryer if it wasn't refrigerated overnight?
    limey34 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 05:31 PM
    No. Why would it? You don't generally refrigerate deep fryer oil anyway so you will be fine.
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Feb 18, 2007, 10:26 AM
    By the time you get the oil up to frying temperature, any bacteria in it will have been killed by the heat. The only risk you run from not refrigerating deep fryer oil is that it will go rancid more quickly. It won't hurt you, it just won't taste very good.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brao28
    Will it make you sick if you use the oil in a deep fryer if it wasn't refrigerated overnight?
    Generally no, but you should really do a quick taste/smell taste, if it has an unpleasant smell or bitter taste, it's probably rancid. No oil should be kept near a heat source, oils can be affected by light and heat, they should be stored in a cool dark place. The basic rule is oils with a higher sat fat content, i.e. lard, plam, coconut oil are fairly stable, they can stay unrerigerated for longer periods. Oils with high polyunsaturated or monosaturated fats such as safflower, sunflower are more delicate and should either be refrigerated, but oils like olive or canola will get cloudy. I sometimes keep peanut oil in the fryer overnight, but with any oil if your going to reuse it and it still has good color and smell I'd just keep in in a cool, dark place in a jar. Cleaning out your fryer after use will cut down on bacterial growth and the smell from the previous foods.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

I am in deep ! [ 2 Answers ]

I have the following anti spywares and anti viruses in my computer. McAfee AVG Ewido Anti-Spyware Ad-Aware Anti-Spyware Spybot All of them are always updated. Now, the problem is that even after having so many anti xyz softwares, I still get malware sna d viruses in my computer which...

Commercial oil-based v.s artist's oil paint [ 1 Answers ]

I am painting on interior brick, already painted with oil-base commercial and wish to use commercial oil-base paint because I think it is more durable than artist's paints, i.e. dusted, perhaps even washed. Is there something I can use to thicken it, thus allowing it to work more like artist's...

Deep frying [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a deep fryer I would like to try deep frying chicken drumsticks I already have the batter coating mix but I'm not sure How to do this operation I read somewhere that I should place the chicken on a rack and let it dry out in the fridge for a day Should I boil the drumsticks...

View more questions Search