Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Motherofmany Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2012, 08:40 PM
    Ny auto Insurance accident information
    How do auto insurance companies determine who pays for damages, When You are in an accident?How dose Ny No fault law work?
    Motherofmany Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2012, 09:10 PM
    How does Ny No fault law work?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 17, 2012, 04:50 AM
    The way no fault works, is each carrier pays their insured's expenses.

Fault is generally determined by investigation.

This site may help:

NY Insurance Department FAQ's About NY No-Fault Insurance | NY Malpractice Attorney | New York Lawyer
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Slight correction - no fault USUALLY and basically refers to medical bills. Your own insurance company pays your medical bills. You do not sue the other party for those bills.

Damage - your insurance company will pay if you have comprehensive coverage and will then sue the other driver.

Fault for the accident and no-fault insurance are two different things. Investigators determine fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Texas Auto Accident With No Insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter was in a vehicle accident with expired insurance. At a four way stop intersection she took her turn to cross, Another vehicle blindly entered the intersection and hit my daughter in the passenger side of the vehicle. Now the other drivers insurance company is saying my daughter is at...

Auto accident with no insurance in Iowa [ 12 Answers ]

I had a slight accident - slide into a street sign - have auto insurance just not on this vehicle. I was charged with OWI, passenger in the car was taken to hospital - bump on the head - checked out fine. Will I be charged with no insurance since I already have an auto policy?

Auto accident, whose insurance do I call. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I got into a car accident a few days ago, and the police report stated that I was not at fault. The other person got a citation. I contacted the other parties insurance company and filed a claim an hour after the accident. My two questions are: Am I to contact my insurance as well?...

Proof of Insurance for a no-fault auto accident [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently involved in an accident. Unfortunately, my insurance lapsed. I have witnesses that claim the accident was not my fault. However, since I did not have insurance at the time, I do not know what I may be liable for. If I can prove the accident was not my fault, will that mean I will not...

View more questions Search