Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuicyJay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Will marinol cover my my marijuana use for a probation drug test?
    I have marinol prescribed to me because of my side effects from adderal. I don't eat anything. I don't fall asleep till about 3am and wake up at 6am. I also have high anxiety from this. But marinol doesn't work I take 2.5mg twice a day. So sometimes I smoke weed because, it's the only thing that works and marinol ( $204 for sixty. ) is so much more expensive then weed ( $5 for a .25 highquality meds ) two hits and I eat,sleep, and I'm much more social. But now I will be on probation soon I live in Georgia. Will I fail for real marijuana? From my understanding there is only one place in our "free country" that can tell the difference between marinol and marijuana. But it costs $150.00 would they bother or is it A lot easier and cheaper for them to tell the difference between the to?

"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr. 
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Yes you will fail if you are smoking pot, the test can tell the difference. Talk to your doctor if your meds are not working to try other meds
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Hello J:

Most PO's wouldn't let you use mairnol IF it hid pot use. Did your PO ever ask you what kind of prescriptions you take??

I think you'll be found dirty for pot, and I don't think they'll buy your excuse.

excon
    aggrealtor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2012, 04:13 PM
    I'm in the same situation. How did this turn out for you? I found out I have a disease that causes me to be nauseous often and I am prescribed Adderall. I may have a doctor prescribe this to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug test, probation. [ 6 Answers ]

I went on the 18th or march (last month) for my orientation to set up probation (I am on probation for shoplifting because I could pay my fine). They did an initial drug screen (which I know I failed for marijuana, as I am a habitual user. My next appointment is on the 8th of April (in 4 days) Will...

Does any presciption drug mimic marijuana on drug test? [ 8 Answers ]

Are there any presciption drugs that mimic marijuana on a pee test? Also, does eating asparagus have any impact since it is an alkaline vegetable? Thanks.

Can my PO drug test me if I am not on drug related probation? [ 11 Answers ]

That's pretty much my question

Can they drug test you for marijuana on non reporting probation in the state of Ohio? [ 8 Answers ]

I have non reporting probation for possession and paraphanilia. I just want to know if they can still test me for it on non reporting probation even if I am not on task.

Probation ordered drug counseling but my insurance won't cover it. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey and have been on probation for the last 2 years. I'm not on probation for a drug offense but recently failed one drug test and was ordered to get a substance abuse evaluation. Anyway, I went and got the evaluation and the counselor at this place recommended to my probation...

View more questions Search