Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reid36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Why would a guy ask me to use my credit card in exchange for cash at the gas pump?
    Why would a guy ask me to use my credit card in exchange for cash at the gas pump?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2012, 04:35 PM
    Working some sort of scam on you... most likely. Likely funny money,
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 16, 2012, 04:38 PM
    Nothing good comes from stuff like this. I agree with Smoothy. Could be funny money or he may have swiped your card with a scanner. Avoid Scheming Credit Card Scam Artists I'd call my card company and ask for a quick review of charges to that card.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 16, 2012, 04:57 PM
    Yes, agree with smooth and Belanger, credit card scam. So what did you do?
    Reid36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 08:35 PM
    Thanks y'all for taking the time to answer my question. I knew there was something wrong with the situation
    But could not figure out why someone would want to do this. I barked at the guy and said no in a loud
    Tone and he walked away to his car with his buddy. This was late at night and just didn't feel right.
    Thanks again...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

If I get cash back with a credit/debit card, will my husband know? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband controls the money, bills and everything about finances. The only time he pays for anything is hen I let him go with me and control what we buy. I'm afraid he's planning to leave me and try to take it all. I just want to make sure I have enough money to move myself out and pay a...

Credit card to buy gas [ 1 Answers ]

If a credit card is use to buy gas. Is it treated as a purchase Or cash advance?

How can I cash out excess money I paid on my credit card [ 2 Answers ]

I like to keep a zero balance on my credit cards thus pay off the amount in full. I recently had some refunds on items purchased so my credit balance is negative. If I take a cash withdrawal on the credit card -- will they still charge a fee? I want to cash out the money since I want to close the...

View more questions Search