Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    limey34 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Junkie Stupidity
    About ten years ago I was addicted to heroin and racked up about 15 shoplifting charges in a six month period. I had never been arrested for anything before this and have never been arrested since. I was charged but never convicted because I never went to court. I now lead a normal life, clean and sober, working etc.. And I would like to know whether I would be eligible for a pardon or will I be obligated to " turn myself in " in order to deal with this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Helo limey:

Both. But, how can you get the pardon UNLESS you turn yourself in first?

excon

PS> (edited) You're not going to get a pardon just because you turned yourself in. There's going to be some payback, in terms of fines and restitution. There will probably be some community service and some probation. You probably WILL avoid jail. Once you have completed this, and once you have racked up several years of criminal free conduct, you can apply for a pardon. Your state law will dictate how long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rock Junkie [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 week old German Sheppard puppy is "eating small stones" and puking them up in the morning. People have told me that this is normal for this breed. Is this true and is there a way to stop it? Maybe nutrition?

View more questions Search