Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sssowmya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Child being picked on by teacher
    Hello, I have 10 year old son in Grade 5. We are from Indian origin and there are pretty much lot of Indians in my son's school. All these years I have not faced any racist attitudes from my son's teachers in the past. But this year,my son comes home often with a complaint about his teacher and other students in his school. During recess, my son plays with other 5th graders and 6th graders who are a mix of White/Asians/Indian. There seems to be racism among the kids on the playground. I know I can't point fingers at the whites/asians alone because my son says this attitude is prevalent amongst Whites/Asians and Indians too. He is being neutral when he says this. Still this worries me knowing that the principal is also aware of this and nothing has been done to stop kids being bullied. While this is a very serious issue, there is something much bigger that this. My son says he is not being treated fair in his class by his teacher. He has been observing the teacher's attitude for a long time. He says when the other kids approach the teacher with an issue they are given a chance to explain themselves and get help. On the other hand, when my son approaches the teacher all he says over and over is "shut up and go to your desk". Kids who are in my son's group get him into trouble even though its not my son's mistake. But the teacher refuses to listen to what my son has to say. He is the one who has been sent out of the class for no reason. I help my son's teacher on a weekly basis. While the adults are there, the teacher is extremely nice which is phony. I don't know how to approach this issue because my son is scared that it might get worse if I bring this up with his teacher. It's really frustrating to know that my child is being hurt by someone who takes an active part in moulding his future.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2012, 12:54 PM
    So when you have went to the school and meet with the teacher and talked to the teacher about it, what has happened.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
    Have you discussed this with the Principal? Perhaps your son could move to another classroom?
    axdwdrgc Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
    If it gets really bad fight for it with the principal about this issue and threaten to ruin the school but telling about the awful racism at that school. If they do nothing then follow through with this. Posti these facts every where on the Internet stating how awful that school is and take your on out of the school. Hope this helped you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie song teacher teacher can't you see [ 0 Answers ]

A movie from the early 90's late 80's about a kid playing in his room and going to different places

My disable child is getting picked on [ 7 Answers ]

My 15 year old is disable and gets a ssi check ,I live in a govt, low income housing , the manger is trying to evicte me just because they clam to be getting complants just only because someone was telling lies on my dauther on things that she did not do such as drowing dirty pictures or penis on...

View more questions Search