Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billpullman8555 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 08:02 PM
    Can I pass an EtG test after about 30 hrs from my last drink?
    I literally had one average whiskey and coke ( maybe a shot or shot and 1/2 of cheap whiskey) about 24 hrs ago. I wasn't aware and had never even heard of this test until my attorney told me about it. Apparently I am going to have to take this EtG test in the morning, along with some others I am not worried about. At that point it will have been around 30-34 hrs. When I found out about this I went for a good run and drank a kombucha detox drink. Later in the afternoon I went to the gym and sat in the sauna for 20 minutes, showered off, and then got back in for an additional 10 min. Tomorrow I am going to wake up early and go to the gym workout and then hit the sauna again. Is there anything else that I should do. I am not a heavy drinker and have a fast metabolism. Will one drink be out of my system at the time?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
    The EtG generated from one drink, being 1.5 oz of whiskey, should be out of your system in less than 24 hours. There isn't a great deal of research on this but it all points to clearance in the range of 13-21 hours.

Please let us know your results.

Ref:

Wojcik & Hawthorne

NOTICE: Any person or entity that is subjected to or relies on EtG testing should read this Advisory issued by US Department of Health and Human Services, September 2006 and in effect as of date of this posting.
    billpullman8555 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 08:52 PM
    Thanks, and I definitely will.
    mouse23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2012, 02:46 PM
    What does that post mean? The us department of health and human services? I don't understand what it means can u help me out dr bill
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2012, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse23 View Post
    what does that post mean? the us department of health and human services? i dont understand what it means can u help me out dr bill
    By clicking on the blue highlighted text you will be taken to the actual publication. The NIH has warned that this test is unreliable and should not be relied upon for employment or forensic purposes.

Feb 25, 2012, 03:16 PM
    What about for probation?

Feb 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Do you think EtG testing will be banned in the u.s any time soon?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I pass an EtG test after 60 hours from my last drink. [ 22 Answers ]

I drank a 16oz can of bud-light then a 8oz can sparks on Friday night from 10pm-12:30am (Saturday morning) I had to take the test Monday at 2pm. I am 25 year old male 120 pounds. I am in great shape and have a high metabolism. I worked all weekend, drank a bunch of red-bull and ran 5miles Saturday...

Will I pass an EtG test 44 hrs after last drink,I had 2 beers and the night prior 9 [ 19 Answers ]

At around 9 maybe 10 pm the first night started drinking till around midnight and stopped went home slept it off then the next day consumed 2 beers at my cousins and stopped at around 6pm I then had a drug test Tuesday at 2pm I am wondering if I will be OK for the EtG cutoff,I drank tons of water...

ETG Test After Approximately 80 hrs. after last drink [ 6 Answers ]

Dr. Bill - I messed up and went to a party and drank last Thursday. My question is this-if I had 5 or 6 beers and two shots, the first drink being at around 8pm and the last beer being at around 3 am Friday morning, where does this put me, risk wise, at failing a Monday EtG test? I'll probably...

DrBill100, can I pass an EtG test 66 hours after last drink? [ 24 Answers ]

I tested exactly 66 hours and 30 minutes after finishing my last drink. I urinated about 20 minutes prior to taking the test, in order to completely clear my bladder one last time before testing. I drank approximately 20 drinks between 11 am and 9:30 pm. Never got drunk, just maintained a...

It'll be around 112 hours since my last drink before I take my EtG test, will I pass? [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry, I am paranoid... I know I'm not suppose to drink but I couldn't help it. Last Saturday, had around 7 shots... and 3 mix drinks... and stopped on Sunday around 2am... I have a EtG test on Thursday (tomorrow) at 6pm. I know EtG only detects 80 hours... but I just need some reassurance from you...

View more questions Search