Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IamVictim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Should I sue my auto insurance company
    I got a car accident in 2011 during my business trip. I was hit by two cars, the driver at fault does not have driver License, the owner of the car does not carry a valid insurance. My head was hit really bad, I ended up with almost 3 months of sick leave. My work compensation provided me 60% of salary, as my accident was related to business trip. I filed my claim with my own insurance company, they denied my claim of loss wages and pain and suffering. The state I was in a car accident in a non fault state. Should I sue my own insurance company? Suing my own insurance company would bring any negative impact on my current job?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
    Has your company fixed your car ? Next if your 60 percent was workers comp and not taxable then the 40 percent is normally your taxes paid, so you need to discuss with your attorney if you actually had any loss wages. ** you don't bring home 100 percent of pay, and 60 percent bring home is fairly common. Next of course pain and suffering is not actual loss.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 16, 2012, 07:03 AM
    I would also point out that if you were going to sue anyone it would be the driver of the car and/or the owner - they are the ones who caused you harm. I agree with Fr_Chuck - talk to your attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have the right to sue both insurance company? [ 6 Answers ]

My kids was riding in a car with someone and another car had hit them I want to sue both insurance but the car my kids was in there insurance said I can't sue them is that right

Can someone's private insurance sue,after my insurance settled with rentals insurer? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a accident in 2006 in California and I was at-fault. Woman at a red light turning right began to merge as she had plenty of time and space. She then stopped for some reason, as I began to attempt to merge looking over my left shoulder and saw a still safe opening I started to go and...

Auto repair company cashed my unauthorized insurance check and kept the money! [ 7 Answers ]

So back in December, I came out of Kmart to find that someone had backed into my 2002 BMW. After filing an insurance claim, I was rewarded $2,100 (minus a $1,000 deductible) and a check was issued to me for about $1,100. I was given a choice: have the check issued to me and the finance...

Can you sue/mediate house insurance company? [ 11 Answers ]

If you have a claim with your insurance company and they deny it for faulty materials, even though the materials wasn't cause of the damage it was something else that they will cover, to I have any recourse? I feel pretty hopeless... :(

View more questions Search