Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tucsonsean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
    My smoke detector makes loud popping sounds?
    There was a pop, then the low battery chirp, we switched the breaker off, the chirping stopped, but there was a subsequent pop after that.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 08:41 PM
    So this detector is both battery backup and 120 vac? I would disconnect it with the breaker off and simply replace it. Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should not be repaired or altered by users

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Tub makes Loud Popping sound after use [ 2 Answers ]

We have a new home, one year old, and every night after we have given the kids a bath, and have emptied the water, the tub makes a very loud popping sound. This popping happens several times every night and it can continue for up to 8 hrs after the bath. Please advise.

I have a 2003 6.0 diesel that is popping and when it does that there is a puff smoke [ 1 Answers ]

Popping noise under the hood and when it does that there is a puff of black smoke out the tail pipe. 2003 F250 6.0 motor

Ac condenser makes popping sounds [ 0 Answers ]

Fan works on ac but no cold air coming out

Popping sounds [ 1 Answers ]

What causes the popping sounds from heat vents

Vent popping sounds [ 3 Answers ]

We are renovating a mobile home and we have noticed a pooping noise which happens every 6 to 10 seconds. During the winter months this is loud enough to keep us awake at night as the vent goes through the wall beside our bedroom. We are just finishing the kitchen and the sink is not connected at...

View more questions Search