Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loublou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Red hair... Black ends?
    I used to dye my hair brown, I hadn't dyed it for a few months when I decided to dye it red. At first it was OK, but after about 6 weeks the top 2-3 inches are lighter & the ends (shoulder length hair) are nearly black with a red tint. I want to dye it again with the same red but I don't want the ends to be so dark. I use head & shoulders shampoo as I get dandruff, I think that night be why the top has lightened so much, but I don't know what to do about the ends... Any ideas?
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Feb 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
    When you dye your hair only die the new growth that is why your ends are so dark and your roots are lighter, if you want to give your color a boost take equal parts of shampoo and color and wash it in then rinse it out. But put color on the new growth only

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I dye my hair red by taking out my black without damaging my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I currently have black dyed hair, with bleached streaks, that were red and are now back to blonde. I really want to dye my hair all over bright red, but I don't want to bleach all my hair for fear of totally killing it, are there any cheats I can use to get my permanent black out without...

What is the best hair dye for black hair to make it dark red? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best hair dye for black hair to make it dark red? And what is the best brand to use?

How to dye already black hair Jet black with red highlights. What comes first? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. My natural color is a natural black or like a 1B and I have some strands of gray that have increased over the last few years. I have finally decided I would like to get a permanent color and go Jet Black. But I would like some red highlights in my crown area (I just recently cut my...

Hair came out bright red at the roots and my ends turned out black. Help [ 0 Answers ]

Ok I colored my hair dark brown a few months ago and now I have 2 inches of outgrowth which is blonde. So I wanted to color my hair black cherry I start from my ends and worked my way up and now my roots are bright dark red and the rest is just black, you can barely see the red on my ends. What...

How to make my black hair red hair naturally [ 1 Answers ]

I want my black natural hair red not loud red but a little dark but without the harsh chemicals. Is there any way I can do it naturally.

View more questions Search