Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Feb 14, 2012, 09:25 PM
    Trying to put these equal amounts in a 500ml bottle
    I am terrible at Math, I'm wondering if someone can help me with this recipe so I could get it close to fitting into a 500ml bottle, but keeping the recipe the same. The recipe doesn't really make a lot with what I have here, so, I'm sure it would be a lot of each. Is this possible what I'm asking?

Lemon Juice... 6 tbsp
    Soya Sauce... 2 Tbsp
    Salt... 1 tsp
    Black Pepper... half teasp
    Onion salt... 1 1/2Tbsp
    Garlic Paste... 1 1/2 tsp
    Oyster Sauce... 1 Tbsp
    Celery salt... 1/2 tsp
    Sweet chili sauce... ​.. 2 Tbsp
    Meet tendrizer... 1 tsp
    Hot Sauce... 1 Tbsp
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Feb 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Leeboy, if you add up all of the volumes of all of the liquid ingredients you listed in the recipe, it works out to 12.5 tablespoons. The remaining dry ingredients work out to an additional 2.5 tablespoons, but a lot of that volume is air, so once mixed with the liquid they'll probably only add around 1 tablespoon more to the total volume (for a grand total of around 13.5 tablespoons of sauce).

500 ml works out to around 33.8 tablespoons. If you were to multiply all of the ingredients by 2.5, you should end up with almost exactly that volume.

Hence, your new recipe would be as follows:

Lemon Juice... 15 tbsp (which is 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon)
    Soya Sauce... 5 Tbsp
    Salt... 2 1/2 tsp
    Black Pepper... 1 1/4 teasp
    Onion salt... 3 3/4 Tbsp
    Garlic Paste... 3 3/4 tsp
    Oyster Sauce... 2 1/2 Tbsp
    Celery salt... 1 1/4 tsp
    Sweet chili sauce... 5 Tbsp
    Meet tendrizer... 2 1/2 tsp
    Hot Sauce... 2 1/2 Tbsp

Hope that helps!
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Feb 15, 2012, 08:56 AM
    Holy Smokes... That is awesome. I was trying to help my mom make some of this is a bigger jar for a family dinner coming up. I will forward the info to her and I will say thanks for her in advance , as well as myself. Once again this great site has helped me again. Thanks jcaron2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get equal amounts of hot and cold water in kitchen sink? [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried to re set the handle limit stop.It was already set toward the hot side

Combining equal amounts of the three primary pigments produce what? [ 1 Answers ]

Combining equal amounts of the three primary pigments produce what?

Calculating amounts [ 1 Answers ]

In the reaction C3H8 + 5O2---yields---3CO2 + 4H2O If 20.0g of C3H3 and 20.0g of O2 are reacted, how can I calculate the # of moles of CO2 that can be produced?

What accounts to be used and for what amounts [ 1 Answers ]

Received a shipment of Cruze Faceshields for inventory. All merchandise purchases by Gold Run Snowmobile are recorded net. Invoices s4101 from swift, incorporated shows the list price of the merchandise at 150.00. Cash discounted terms of 1/10, n/30 are offered and the merchandise is shipped FOB...

Dirt amounts [ 1 Answers ]

How much dirt would I need (in yards ) to fill a hole 1ft deep by 10 ft long by 15ft wide

View more questions Search