Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amos14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
    a 0.3 kg ball is attached to a string that is 50 cm in length, and completes 2 circle
    a 0.3 kg ball is attached to a string that is 50 cm in length, and completes 2 circles every second.Find the tension required to whirl the ball with the given constriants and also find the angle theta?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Feb 14, 2012, 08:52 PM
    Sounds like you're missing a diagram. Can you describe what you mean by the angle theta?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Consider the sum of forces acting in the vertical direction:

where = angle of the rope to the vertical.

For the horizontal direction the horizontal component of the rope's tension must equal the ball's mass times its centripedal acceleration:

R is the radius of the circle traced by the ball: . You can find (rotational velocity) from the period of rotation:

So now you have two equation in two unknowns: and T. Let us know what you get for an answer and we'll check it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A 0.25 kg rubber stopper attached to a 1.5 m string is moving in a circular path. [ 1 Answers ]

A 0.25 kg rubber stopper attached to a 1.5 m string is moving in a circular path. The rubber stopper completes a lap in 0.4 seconds. What is the velocity of the rubber stopper?

Epression that completes a sentence. [ 0 Answers ]

When a polynomial is divided by the factor (x-r), the remainder is the same as___?

Physics ball and string very simple [ 1 Answers ]

I should know how to do this. you have a 2kg ball on 1m string. You release the ball parallel to the x axis. What is its velocity when it is pointing straight down.

Completes my ug what can ido [ 1 Answers ]

If I am completes my ug what can ido?

At one revolution per day, how far away would a ball tied to a string stay in orbit? [ 3 Answers ]

If I tied a ball to the end of an indistructible string and tethered the string to the earth, how long would the string have to be to keep the ball from falling to the earth? Would the mass of the string or the ball be a factor? Could I climb up the string?

View more questions Search