Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Madan Mohan Gupta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 03:12 AM
    Fringe benefit tax
    I Want to Know What is Freenze Benefit Tax. When and What rate it is payable in case of Company or Firm.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2007, 05:17 AM
    I think you are referring to Fringe Benefit.

Here is some info for you until our Tax Expert comes along:
    "fringe benefit tax" - Google Search

Google returns no results for a Freenze Benefit Tax
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 17, 2007, 07:02 AM
    I suspect that it may be a state tax, as I have never heard of it on the federal level.
    sachinkundaliya Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Mar 12, 2008, 07:16 AM
    It means tax on those facilities or allowances which neither taxable for employee nor the employer under some rule. In order to overcome this , it is introduced.

It is applicable to only company and firm. It apply to certains expenses done by the employer such as car,telephone or mobile, air tickets to employee, repair & maintenance etc and apply in different rates for different kinds of expenses which ranging from 20% to 100% depending upon the nature of expenses.

After applying rates as above we get the value of FBT and on which 33.66% tax is calculated which is same for both company and firm..
    sachinkundaliya Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Mar 12, 2008, 07:32 AM
    It means tax on those facilities or allowances which neither taxable for employee nor the employer under some rule. In order to overcome this , it is introduced.

It is applicable to only company and firm. It apply to certains expenses done by the employer such as car,telephone or mobile, air tickets to employee, repair & maintenance etc and apply in different rates for different kinds of expenses which ranging from 20% to 100% depending upon the nature of expenses.

After applying rates as above we get the value of FBT and on which 33.66% tax is calculated which is same for both company and firm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I benefit from Tax treaty between US and China? [ 16 Answers ]

Dear Help Desk: I am a postdoc in life sciences. I came here from China in 1999 as a F1 student and now hold H1B visa. Our payroll still files W9 form for me which claims the tax-treaty Article 20(c) - $5000 is tax-free. I am just wondering whether this is correct. Thank you very much.

Income tax benefit clarification for Housing loan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am Vineet Chattree, working with a TATA group. I purchased a flat in Chembur in December 2005. At that time builder declared 80% completion from Bank. However, I decided to start with EMI in place of pre-EMI based on 80% slab. Builder promised to give accommodation by June 2006, but...

Tax refund and Treaty benefit [ 1 Answers ]

I am Indian research scholar on J1. I came to US in Aug 2005 and will be returning back to India in April 2007. I have been paying tax ever since I came here and my wife has been working since Jan 2006. She has also been paying her taxes. Does the tax treaty with India allow us to claim a full...

Tax Benefit Question - Should I Buy or Continue to Rent? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I'm new here and hope to get some replies. I hope this is the right place to post my tax benefit question. I'm thinking of buying my first home; the property is in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC and priced at $375,000. My total household income is about $8520 a...

Business Fringe Benefit Question [ 2 Answers ]

Question - I am an s-corp and would like to offer free gym membership to my employees as an employee benefit. How would that be classified on my books and what would the tax implication of that be?? Is that taxable income to my employees? Thank you for your advice.

View more questions Search