Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandmac236 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
    What is Wifi connection on a 4g cell ?
    I am a senior citizen who does not know too much about the new 4g cell phones. I just got a new cell phone (My Touch 4g) T Mobile. My old one broke and this is the one the offered me for free.
    I tried to download a free game from Amazon but it keeps saying I need to install Wifi fot the game to load. I loaded other games from Amazon and other free games right from the cell phone itself w/o a problem.
    I tried to find how to do it and can not find it. I am new at all this stuff , and just started using a PC about a year ago.
    Can anyone help me? Can anyone explain to me in really easy instructions how to download Wifi or what it even is.
    I did have a problem downloading a free game Jewel Quest that came witj/on the phone cause it said the same thing.. need WIfi,but after 2 days of messing with the phone it finally downloaded. I thought that the other games from Amazon that said Need Wifi would have down loaded since the Jewel quest did but I still can NOT get them to download. I have no problem down loading other free games from Amazon.. just the ones that say Need Wifi.
    PLEASE can someone help me and EXPLAIN to me STEP BY STEP how to download Wifi on a 4G My Touch cell phone PLEASE . Thanks & HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
    WiFi is a way of connecting to the Net through local hotspots instead of using the 4G cell network. Your phone is capable of a WiFi connection, but you have to have an access point to connect to. There are free Access points at McDonald's, Starbucks and many libraries. Some municipalities offer free connections.

I suggest you go into your local T-Mobile store and have them show you how to find if there is a local hotspot within range and how to connect to it.
    grandmac236 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 02:00 AM
    I guess I am going to have to that. Like I said I am new to all this. I just think it is weird that in order to download some games I need Wifi and others I don't.
    I am learning through "trial and error" I unknowingly signed up for something called "Jamster for $9.99 a month. I tried to cancel it but the $9.99 was already on the bill . I am going to have them BLOCK it so I can not make any purchases w/o a code. Lol.
    Thanks Scott for the answer it made it a lot clearer to understand than what I was reading in the book that came with the phone.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2012, 04:02 AM
    Some games may require a different way to connect to the Net. And yes you have to be careful, its not hard to sign up for a subscription service if you are new to this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any ideas why my Wii keeps losing the WiFi connection? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the router info and pass key info in the Wii, but I can't keep the connection. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Laptop WiFi Connection [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I will start by saying I am an idiot when it comes to computer technical jargon so bear with me. I have a Dell laptop that has been working fine for a few years great WiFi connections from both my home and my neighbor's wireless connections. So last night I was trying to clean the laptop...

Surfing a laptop wifi through a cell phone [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop with WiFi connection. I also have a cell phone with the same connection. It is the TCG TytnII Sometimes there isn't a free hot spot, so I would like to use my computer to surf the web, and at the same time use the cellphone 3G network to access. Quesiton How can I have my...

Borrowing a WiFi connection [ 16 Answers ]

If I borrow a connection from a neighbor with his knowledge can he see my surfing habits?

View more questions Search