Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sudsmaster Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2012, 12:53 AM
    Is she interested?
    Hello,

I just got out of a relationship a few months ago. Well a girl I went to school with (my parents know her parents) I kind of really like. I am 26 she is 24 college graduate good career has a boy about 1 year old no father in the picture. I messaged her and said "Hey got a question? What do you say one day when you are free let's go out and do something?" and I got back this "You weren't forward at all. I was a little surprised but very flattered. Give me a little bit of time to think it over...I know you just got out of a long relationship and I'm actually in the process of selling my house, moving, and most likely changing jobs, too. I have a ton on my plate right now. Once I've settled down a bit, maybe we can see what happens :)". This was January 29 now February 13. I messaged her here and there on Facebook and gave her my number nothing yet. How to handle this just wait or something else I can do?
    crush111 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2012, 11:32 AM
    She still might have a lot on her plate, you should go out and maybe casually date some other people, you shouldn't wait around for her. Then maybe give it a month or so, then casually bring up a conversation saying "Hey i haven't heard from you in awhile, i was just checking in to see how you're doing and if everything is ok with you."
    If she replies then just take it slow until you ask her out because she might feel a little pressured and girls don't like that. Or she might feel like she's your rebound since you just got out of a relationship.
    Just take it slowly and casually.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
    She told you give her some time and she'll think it over , so leave her alone for now. She knows how to contact you and will do so if she's interested.

If you keep asking her you'll come across as needy and that'll just push her away.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Feb 14, 2012, 10:54 PM
    She has been honest and open with you. She's got a lot on her plate, and I guess she is interested in you but just wants to make sure everything else is settled in her life before embarking into in a new journey.

Drop in an occasional general message asking how she is and whether she needs help with something, in the mean time you can get on with your life, date a few other girls and see how it works out.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
    She seems pretty clear in her message. Give her time to sort things out.

But why stop yourself from meeting new people while you wait for her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesn´t know anyone except me and my friends. Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in...

Is he interested me and what should I do I really like him? [ 8 Answers ]

I am an intern at this office. I am there until May. My supervisor is ten years older then me which I really like. I started developing a crush on him in the fall. I was in his office with him going over a mid semester evaluation this fall and as I was sitting there his phone rang and I stayed and...

How would I know whether she is really interested? [ 17 Answers ]

So I'm a sophomore in college, been single for around 8 months now. I've still been dating but never taken any girls seriously. Couple weeks ago I ran into an old friend from high school. Someone I haven't seen in years. We were close back in the day but at that time she was in a relationship....

Is he interested? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I met this guy at a university caberet a few weeks ago, he's gorgeous. Anyway, we hung out a couple times, got to know each other a bit better, we got kind of intimate with each other, so last week he leaves my house saying he'll see me later. And I'm thinking he's going to text me for...

Is he interested? [ 1 Answers ]

=] hey I have known this guy for more than 1year and 6 months and he seems like he likes me... like When I tell him to do something he does it what does it mean does he like me?? :rolleyes: :)

View more questions Search