Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Tattoo time. Need your input!
    That's right, she's baaaaccckkkk! ;)

I need all of your wisdom and input.

My husband informed me that he's getting me a new tattoo for our anniversary. He wants me to get it soon though, so that I can enjoy the summer, at least a bit.

I know where I want it (on my inner wrist), and I basically know what I want it of. Cherry blossoms (but I'm open to other flowers), 5 of them. I also want to incorporate my kids names, my husbands name, and my parents names. I want it to look more watercolor then sharp.

I've seen a few designs, but nothing really makes me say "wow, I have to have that".

Any ideas? Any thoughts? I'm open to other suggestions. I do want to incorporate my family into this tat, I do want flowers but it doesn't have to be a cherry blossom, and I don't want it to go all the way up my arm. Just the inner wrist. It can go half way to the inner elbow, but anything bigger than that would be too much for me.

So, you all are who I come to when I want great advice and suggestions, so bring it on. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Good luck, I am getting ready to get a Dragon myself in a couple weeks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
    I love you Alty, you know I do. Just wanted to subscribe here to see what comes up, but I don't have ink. Don't have ideas for ink. But I love you though! Haven't talked to you in what seems forever!
    Pets Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 08:28 PM
    Thanks Chuck.

J, love you too, and miss you tons. You all are the reason I came back. I just wasn't getting enough chat time on fb. ;)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 07:16 PM
    Just connect the flowers with a vine made from the names in a twisted fashion. With "twisted" being the operative word. When the vines cross try to match a letter from the names.
    Example: If 2 names contain an "S" then that is where it can cross.
    Pets Expert

Feb 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Just connect the flowers with a vine made from the names in a twisted fashion. With "twisted" being the operative word. When the vines cross try to match a letter from the names.
    I like that idea.

Thanks Dad. :)
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Feb 16, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Great idea!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Think long and hard about placement. As you know I have many tattoo's, and working in a professional setting, there are times I know I am not being taken seroulsy because of tattoo placement.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Also water colour tats fade very quickly. Don't go to the cheapst place, shop around and do lots of research.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 08:02 AM
    This is a neat concept, but I would put it sidewats and have it going from shoulder to shoulder across the back.
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 06:32 PM
    I like it Bella, but I'm looking for something that looks more realistic. I'll post a few pictures I found. Just give me a few, I have to remember how to post pics. ;)

I'm putting it on the inside of my lower arm. Easily covered with a long sleeved shirt. :)

I'll probably go back to the same place where I got my other tattoo. They did a great job, and they have many artists, all with different styles and strengths.

Hopefully I'll have it before you come to visit. Or I could book it for when you're here, and you can be my moral support. :)
    Pets Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Here are a few that I like.

Name:  tat1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  4.5 KB

Name:  tat4.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  7.5 KB

Name:  tat2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  5.1 KB
    Dogs Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 06:20 PM
    I like the bottom one, a friend of mine has something similar going up her back
    Pets Expert

Mar 8, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I like the bottom one, a friend of mine has something similar going up her back
    That's my favorite too.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 07:02 AM
    This one is pretty nice too
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    This one is pretty nice too
    That is pretty. I really like it. I wouldn't be going that big, but on a smaller scale I think it would look very nice on my lower arm. :)
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Mar 14, 2012, 10:55 AM
    I like the one on the shoulder/chest it is very nice!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Alty - did you ever get this done? I just submitted ideas to my artist last night for a new wrist piece. I am anxious for him to show me his interpretation of them. I am not getting anything near this detailed though. My back is detailed enough for me. ;) I love the cherry blossom idea though.

Is this kind of what you were thinking?
    Name:  cherry%20blossoms.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  30.6 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I REALLY need some input about time and space [ 28 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I have been dating 2 years. She came to me out of the blue and says that she wants to take a break. She wants to KNOW if I am the one she wants to spend forever with. She says that there is no one else and that she doesn't want another guy she just wants to hang out with...

Just need some outside input [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, first off, this may be a little long, and sorry if it is. Secondly, here is the situation. I have been friends with my roommate for about 7 or 8 years. (I'll call him Jeff) Like any friendship we have had our ups and downs. But just recently I have gotten interested in this one girl, who...

Would like some input [ 4 Answers ]

I am curious to find out if the symptoms of bi-polar disorder can be somewhat similar to meth and drug abuse. I am allowing my girlfriends cousin to stay with us in our home for the time being. Her behavior is erratic and unpredictable, and I want to get some opinions as to what others think may...

I need more input [ 1 Answers ]

OK I posted last week about my friends CRAZNESS. How should I tell the guy what my friend Did. Should I ask to come meet to further explain. I feel more comfortable in person.. Thanks. How should I do it?

View more questions Search