Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdslaura Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
    Question on Divorce/Custody
    I rec'd via certified mail from Harris County, Texas divorce papers from my estranged husband who has been in the Bandera County, Texas Jail since last May (11)for DWI 3rd Felony. In these papers he is asking for his supervised visits with our children to be changed to unsupervised visits. We had gone to court for child support and custody and have a standing order that he signed off on. He has also stated in these papers that we have been separated for less than two years which is not true and that he has been a resident of Harris County for the last 90 days when in fact he has been in Bandera County since May of 2011. My questions is can I get this motion dismissed using the dismiss for jurisdiction motion because both myself and the children have been Florida residents for the last year? Any advice would be appreciated! My main concern is that I would be required to have my children visit him in Texas unsupervised which is something I would not feel safe doing given the fact that he is an alcoholic.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in Erie PA and I have a question about divorce and custody... [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently a resident in PA but I was married and had a child in Delaware, can I file for custody in PA and go to court in Pa or do I have to file and go to court in Delaware?

Custody and Divorce [ 10 Answers ]

Since I actually know this case and some other details I will take out almost all ID info ( MODERATOR COMMENT) I will paraphase: I have been married for 3years now and I have a 2year old daughter. My husband has been abusive and drunk. I moved to another state with him and he continued...

Custody over minors without divorce [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there. I live in South Africa and have been trying to find a viable solution to a problem regarding my rights as a father. A brief history: Roughly three months ago, my wife told me that she does not love me anymore and wants a divorce. I told her that I do not want a divorce and that we...

Divorce custody [ 2 Answers ]

This guy moved himself and his wife into her parents house from an apartment they were renting, thinking they would pay off some bills while with her parents, then get a home of their own. His wife now says she wants a divorice, their baby is 3 months old. I was reading if the father moves out of...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.