Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zombiefelicia Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2012, 08:59 AM
    I need to interview someone that works in IT Support/Service desk for college course.
    Please help!

I need to ask some questions and interview someone that works in the field of IT Support/Customer Service/Service desk.

A girl I go to school with had agreed to let me interview her, assuring me that she would be able to answer all the questions. At the last minute, she punked out on me. Well, first, she answered the questions very half-***, then when I asked her to elaborate, she told me to make something up. She stated "I've been getting in trouble at work for confidentiality issues" (WTF!? )

So yeah. If someone could review the attached documents and help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I need to submit the report by Wednesday February 15 at 11:59 pm.

Here's some explanation of the attached documents:

Questions for Capstone Service Desk Site Visit.docx
    : This is the original document I sent to the girl. The main questions are in bold, ad underneath, I bullet-ized some examples of what the answers should be based on. They don't HAVE to include those things, I just thought it would be easier for the interviewee to see some elaboration.

Questions for Capstone Service Desk Site Visit_Comments.docx
    : this document contains the info the girl returned to me (pretty much just deleted the things that didn't apply to her job and left me to use my imagination) So, I put a comments section to the side, asking for some elaboration (basically listing how you're supposed to answer the question), as well as some text boxes to enter the answers.

Please use the "_comments" document to answer the questions.

If anyone does this for me, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am not happy about this whole situation... hopefully someone can change that for me!

Any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
    I and others would be glad to help, but there are no links to questions or to her comments. Also, older computers with earlier versions of Word cannot access a .docx file.

Feb 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
    I didn't realize they didn't attach. It's not even a valid file type! Oi! My .doc files were too big too. Had to save them as PDFs. I thinkthey uploaded... let's see...

Feb 15, 2012, 11:54 AM
    I have actually done a majority of my report based on research from the net. I'm writing it in a format that makes it seem like I interviewed someone. So, I really only need the following questions answered:

• What difficult customer situations do analysts experience, and how do they handle these situations?

• What techniques and training do analysts use to enhance and improve their problem solving skills?

• What techniques and training do analysts use to develop and improve their business skills?

• What roles exist within teams and what techniques are used to build a solid team?

• How does the team, and how do analysts within the team, manage stress and burnout?

They are the questions located on the second page of the un-commented .pdf document...

THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance! And thank you Wondergirl for bringing the attachment issue to my attention... I was wondering why no one answered... ::duh:: :smacks forehead:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 12:02 PM
    I'm also going to ask that this thread be moved to a computer-related board. It will get more attention there. It's lost in cyberspace right now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
    I strongly suggest you set up a live interview with an IT support person. Most public and college libraries have one nowadays. The questions you are asking are so unique to that job/career and need to be answered in depth and cannot be adequately answered via the Internet. The public library IT person would probably help you via a phone interview after you set up an appointment, so you wouldn't have to go anywhere to meet someone in person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service desk analyst interview questions [ 2 Answers ]

Difference between active directory and domain controller

Looking for interview questions for Help Desk positions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I'm looking for resources, perferably via the net, of any websites that have Interview Questions for Help Desk positions. I need to hire a part time person for my Help Desk but would rather "borrow" atypical Help Desk questions rather than reinvent the wheel and write up my own. Any...

Call Center and Help Desk experience interview [ 4 Answers ]

Describe your Call Center and Help Desk experience. Describe a difficult situation and how would you resolve it? What is your biggest strength? Describe a Customer Service experience you had.

Service desk? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the difference between a help desk and a service desk?

View more questions Search