Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sixtyone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Congestive heart failure with pain above waist on right side with rib pain
    What could be the cause of pain or soreness on right side above waist, also shortness of breath
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Could be something with your liver but you'll have to be a bit more specific on location.
    It could also be a digestive issue. If it's more of the rib cage area I'd say maybe a problem with the pleura of the lungs which could be a result of the edema from the congestive heart failure.

Where exactly is the pain coming from do you think? (Sometimes people have referred pain when the heart is effected that effects other parts of the body)
    Is the shortness of breath from the heart failure or something else? (this is common as the edema from the heart can effect the lungs)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male 17 right side back pain above the waist and costapated? [ 1 Answers ]

My son has been complaining about his back hurting for 3 days now and having some constapation. I gave him some teas with laxitive in it and his stool has just started to flow as the should, he say its not stopping his back from hurting, He took one 800mg motrin yesterday and just took one this...

Sharp pain on left side under rib cage [ 0 Answers ]

I am 22 and about 8weeks pregnant for the first time. I am having a sharp pain on my left side under my rib cage toward the back when I breathe in or turn my upper body, can you tell me what is causing this pain?

Groin pain in left side and I have a lot of gas then the pain goes away.. [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in left groin and when i have gas it goes away for awhile but lately the pain is getting worstler and do no go away

Mild pain on both side of the waist [ 1 Answers ]

I am having pain on both side of my waist since last night. Last evening I had heavy snacks which I generally avoid. Night passed off comfortably, the pain started in the morning. It is a mild pain, I went for my regular walk of 45 minutes. What can be the cause of this pain? Thanks

View more questions Search