Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bromanchris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 08:42 PM
    How to fix a Pull start, Won't pull out!
    I have a 49cc Mini Dirt Bike. It has a pull start engine, just like a lawn mower. However, I went to pull the cord as usual, and the cord just won't pull out! I don't know what it is, but I try and pull it as hard as I can, and it only comes out about 4 inches! I need help! Thanks!:)
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Feb 17, 2007, 07:42 PM
    If the rope puls with no restriction and then locks it is probably a seizure of the piston. If it a rope starter problem you would not be able to pull out the 4 inches. Removet he assembly and try to spin the flywheel.

Thanks,
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

How to fix a Jammed Recoil on a pull start [ 1 Answers ]

I just tried to start my machine and I puled the cord out and it didn't recoil back in.. I wored on it to try to get it fixed but it just won't recoil.. Any ideas or suggestion would be great! Thank you

Pull switch [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know how to replace the cord in a pull switch? Thanks

Pull Rope will not pull [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S Troy-bilt that I bought in April. I have used 3 times. On the 4th time the mower was working. It suddenly died. I assumed it was low on gas. I added gas and the pull rope will not pull. I am not sure how to fix any ideas.

Briggs&Stratton Billy Goat Pull Start broken [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, my billy goat pull start is stuffed. When I pull it it goes floppy and won't wind back onto the wheel. Its happened before but when I've taken the top plate off it wound back on and I hadn't had trouble with it, until now. Is there anything I can do ?:confused:

View more questions Search