Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agarc2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 06:34 PM
    At what age do I give my puppy his first bath?
    He is 1 month and 18 days old and he stinks but I don't know when I can give him a shower.
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Feb 12, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Your puppy is old enough now, just be gentel avoid getting water in the ears or eyes. Use an extra gentel shampoo, I recommend johnsons baby shampoo until your puppy is about 4 months old
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2012, 12:17 AM
    He is only 6 weeks old, where is the mother? She should be taking care of the cleaning at this stage.

If the mother was injured or unable to care for the pup then just wash in a mild shampoo and dry thoroughly. It's a good idea to get a pup used to being bathed and groomed from a young age to avoid behavior problems when they get bigger (and harder to deal with).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What age is it safe to bath my puppy [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy was born jan 14th which is a month and a bit just as a puppy he is very curious and gets himself in messes.. is it OK for me to bath him so baby?

Really dusty kitten - should I give it a bath? [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten got behind the radiator this morning and came out gray. I wet a towel to wipe off the bulk of the dust but some remains. I've heard it's not usually a good idea to bath a cat but I don't think she's going to lick this mess off herself...

Can you give your dog a bath before he gets a rabie shot? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog needs a bath but he gets a rabies shot tomorrow. My mom said that he couldn't have a bath until so many hours before he gets the shot. Is this true?

Can I give my 1 moth old puppy a bath because it has fleas? [ 1 Answers ]

Help me.reply asap! Tnx!

How to Give a Cat a Bath [ 1 Answers ]

How to Give a Cat A Bath Some people have the misconception that cats never have to be bathed. That somehow they "lick" themselves clean. Well contrary to this popular belief, cats do NOT have some enzyme in their saliva that resembles Tide (with or without bleach). Cats, like their nemesis,...

View more questions Search