Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fugi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Desktop - Laptop - share Norton?
    I have a desktop with a wireless router not currently being used. I wish to buy a laptop, use the wireless router and be able to have internet on the laptop. I am concerned about security, on my desktop I have Norton installed, if I set up the laptop as a network with my desktop, do I need another antivirus program installed on the laptop, or will it be protected by the Norton I have installed on my desktop? :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2007, 07:48 PM
    You will need another program or another license. Norton is licensed for only one computer.
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Depends. First question, do u have a Windows machine and is the one you are planning to buy a Windows machine? Second, how advanced of a user are you? I don't want to explain something to somebody who can't actually figure it out. And third, do you know what where the Subscription stuff is on your first computer. If the answers are-in this order-Yes, Yes, Average or Advanced, and Yes. Then I probably can help you. I will tell you as soon as I figure it out. Oh... and do you know what the registry is? If yes than I will test my hunch out and tell you back later. I will also have photos to aid you. Hope this helps you out in the end.
    Dave987 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 09:12 AM
    I tried... no you can't. However you can use the same norton disc (Norton 360) on a different computer (only up to 3) and purchase a new code online. Easy. (or buy laptop with antivirus included already)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop to Desktop Computer- how do I share files [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know how to setup the laptop so it can share and get files from my desktop.. I know you have to set directories to share but I can't remember how to do the whole thing. Thanks Marv

Laptop malfunction after Norton 2007 upgrade download [ 2 Answers ]

Downloaded Norton 2007 upgrade. Worked for two days. Third day computer began to crash. Email scanning messeages began appearing all over screen. Was no longer able to use my internet explorer 7 due to error "msvcrl.dll" missing. Reinstalling program might help. Microsoft was able to resolve...

Laptop, desktop,and router hookup [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a dell laptop and a linksys router. I got the router installed on my laptop and it works fine. Problem is, now my desktop won't connect to the internet. I know I have something hooked up wrong. HELP!

Norton SystemWorks ruined my laptop [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed Nortons SystemWorks. Well, I say installed, apparently there was an error during installation. For some unfathomable reason the uninstall software is not included on the disk, so I had to download one from the link provided. And thus the problems begin. The download is...

Laptop or Desktop? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, been wanting a computer for some time now. Finally have the money. Which is right for me?? Just want something I can write my college papers on, internet and downloading music. Pretty much it. I'd prefer anything but macs. Any suggestions? Or good sales going on? Don't want to spend too much,...

View more questions Search