Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelby16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
    I'm 17 and want to live with my dad instead of my mom, can I just leave my moms?
    I don't like being with my mom at all. I want to live with my dad. I'm going to be 17 in 4 days. Can't I just leave and come live with my dad? It is way more stable then it is at my moms house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
    No, until you are 18 you don't have that choice. Dad has to file in court for a modification of the custody order.
    Gendis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
    Talk with your mom.dont hurt her feeling by saying you want to live with your dad instead live with her.no mother in this world want to be apart from their children.your mother love you so much.she want you to live with her already a sign that she doesn't want lose you.. wish you understand this matter, mom is the best
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendis View Post
    talk with your mom.dont hurt her feeling by saying you want to live with your dad instead live with her.no mother in this world want to be apart from their children.your mother love you so much.she want you to live with her already a sign that she doesnt want lose you..wish you understand this matter,,mom is the best
    Thank you for wanting to help out members. However, since you are new hear you may not understand how this site works. This question was posted in the Family Law forum. Questions in the law forums need to conform to existing law and deal with the legal question asked. Your response didn't do that at all. Please remember this before choosing to respond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad has custody in a different state and I want to live with my mom can I leave? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi my names breeana and I have a problem and need held I'm 14 and my birthday is in 2 mnths ill be 15 well I have been living with my dad for about 7 years and about 5 of those years my dad took me away from my mom to were I had no contact with her what so ever he even took me out of state and...

Can a dad press charges on a mom if his daughter sneaks out when at the moms [ 1 Answers ]

I gave custody of my 14 year old daughter to her dad because she was threating me and her little sibblins and she comes here every other weekend and the one weekend after I went to bed she snuck out to meet some boy's can the dad press charges on me for her actions

I'm 14 and I want to live with my mom and not my dad what do I do I live in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how old I have to be to choose what parent I want to live with in the state of Ohio

I think my dad is going to leave my mom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I'm 16 and my mom and dad will/(might) be together 17 years in march! They have had some fights and I've just ignored them and walked across tha street to my grandmas! Its my get away place lol! Some of the fights I think about but not a lot of them! Recently they have gotten worse and its all...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

View more questions Search