Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Wilkepedia
    In yiour opinion, is most of wilkepedia information accurate.

In tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2012, 06:41 AM
    The answers on Wiki are as accurate as the people who post them. In general they are reasonable, because very inaccurate stuff gets corrected, but it's always a good idea to check anything you find there against other sources.

I know one man who is the son of a famous writer, and he wrote a post on Wikipedia about his father's life and word. After he died, he discovered that his father had been concealing things about his health from his family, and he had a different health condition from the one he told his family and this was what had killed him. The son went back to Wikipedia to correct the entry, but could he couldn't. The newspapers had used the original entry as the basis for their death notices and Wiki uuoted them as reliable sources and wouldn't allow the change.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 07:21 AM
    It is good for an opinion of the writer of the article. It is as good as any biased article written by someone with good or bad position.

I use it as reference here when it meets my side of the story.

They should never be used in school for reference material.
    soulsilence25 Posts: 21, Reputation: -3

Feb 14, 2012, 08:53 AM
    I have worked on Wikipedia. Their rules are strict enough to maintain the standards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search