Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elliehartman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 08:35 PM
    Help! I need to find a way to end my bulimia!
    I am 17 and have been bulimic for the past 15 months. Before that, I struggled with bulimia a bit for a couple of months at a time. In the past I was able to stop, and I keep telling myself I am in control; however, after binging three times today, I am finally willing to admit I don't have control. I want to stop, but I don't know how. Unfortunately, I still live at home and am a minor, so I need to find a way to get help without my parents/family finding out. If my mom found out, she would fall into a worse depression than she already is in and my dad's anger would just get fired up again. In summary, since my parents can absolutely NOT find out, does anyone have any ideas? :)
    elliehartman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Help! I need to find a way to end my bulimia!
    Asked by elliehartman On Feb 11, 2012

Share this question:

I am 17 and have been bulimic for the past 15 months. Before that, I struggled with bulimia a bit for a couple of months at a time. In the past I was able to stop, and I keep telling myself I am in control; however, after binging three times today, I am finally willing to admit I don't have control. I want to stop, but I don't know how. Unfortunately, I still live at home and am a minor, so I need to find a way to get help without my parents/family finding out. If my mom found out, she would fall into a worse depression than she already is in and my dad's anger would just get fired up again. In summary, since my parents can absolutely NOT find out, does anyone have any ideas?
    akagirl1987 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 20, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Hi, I am really sorry to hear that you are suffereing bullimia at the moment. I have been there myself and I can understand the fact that you do not want your parents to find out.I tthink it may help you to call someone like Samaritans. It isn't just for suicidal people, they are they to help with all kinds of issues, they will be able to give you good advice and be able to point you in the right direction. Their number is <removed for privacy issues> if you need them to call you back they will and you can write or email them as well if you do not want to speak to them on the phone. Until then, try keeping a food diary, and also try to work out why you feel the need to control your eating in this way and some reasons you feel it may have started. Good luck!
    Somebody1234 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Speak with a school counselor or nurse. I think whatever you tell them could be taken as confidential. I don't think they would tell your parents unless you want them to. But on the flip side, I feel like sooner or later your parents will find out. Bulimia is a big deal, and I think its something that probably shouldn't be a secret. I understand that you don't want your parents to get involved, but I feel like even if you were to go to a school counselor or nurse, in order for them to take the proper steps in healing you through the process, they might let your parents know. I don't know to what extent you're suffering with this disorder, but if they have to put you in a facility to help you through it, your parents are bound to know regardless. Don't take my complete word on that, because I'm really not 100% sure, but do talk to your school counselor or nurse about it. I can't guarantee your parents won't find out, but if that's what it takes to get you better, so be it. Good luck!
    Somebody1234 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2012, 09:55 AM
    And if you do end up speaking with a school counselor, let them know that you really don't want your parents to find out about it. I think they'd be understanding about it. But like I said before, I think in the long run, especially if its really bad, your parents probably will need to know. I wish you the best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find total equity for end of year [ 2 Answers ]

At the beginning of the year, Addison Company's assets are $259,000 and its equity is $194,250. During the year, assets increase $80,000 and liabilities increase $52,643. What is the equity at the end of the year?

I'm trying to find a home for an adondonded dog, could I end up in trouble? [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbour has been gone for a month now, and comes around rarely... she has left her dog outside with no food or water and seemingly nobody has checked on it or come bring it for walks,let it inside, etc. I tried to call the humane society but they haven't showed up or done anything about it, I...

How to find net realizable value for year-end accounts Recievable [ 1 Answers ]

So first I have to find the year end accs. Recievable... I have: beginning A/R allowance for doubtful accounts sales (w/ 80% on credit) collection and write offs

I feel really depressed.I may have to end my life I don't find some one to talk to [ 3 Answers ]

Can any one help me?I need to talk to someone.Please please don't be a fraud.I just need a bit of you time.

Find total equity for year end? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the equity for the following using the accounting equation? :confused: An company has assets equal to $123,000 and liabilities equal to $47,000 at year end. How do I figure out what the total equity for the year end would be? This is all the information I have available to me. ...

View more questions Search