Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InkRedAble Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
    So if the ecm is brand new.. what else could it be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2012, 04:11 PM
    It could be a bad ACG (ALT)(S) fuse in the under dash fuse box, a bad main relay, or a bad ignition switch. You told me, however, all fuses are good. If you want, check/replace the main relay and ignition switch. Usually, however, the ACG (ALT) (S) fuse or the ECM is the culprit. Make sure that fuse is not missing, as happened to a Naval aviation mechanic, on this site, when a friend removed it as a prank.

New ECMs are only made by Honda and cost $1,000+. All others are remanufactured.

Feb 15, 2012, 04:12 PM
    Yep they are
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Is your's a new Honda ECM?

Feb 15, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Supposivly it is
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2012, 04:26 PM
    If so, it should have a 1-year warranty. Unless you zapped it with static electricity, it definitely should show 5 reference volts out of the box. I'd go back to him and ask for a refund.

Feb 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
    Alrite I will.. ill get another one off eBay n check it out
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Shop for price and warranty. I always try to get lifetime warranties with component parts, including ECMs. I installed a Cardone remanufactured ECM, with a lifetime warranty, in my Honda 6 years ago ($250).
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Make sure you clean the main ECM ground, likely located on the thermostat housing. It's often a 3-wire brass connector. This could also prevent the ECM from working and the CEL going out.
    scrmndmon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2013, 07:36 PM
    I'm haven trouble with tke fire o my 92 prelude I have power to the plug on the coil but not past it I have a new dist a an everything init is new also a new cioil what am I miswsing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda accord. No fire to plugs [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord with problems. Bought used, (maybe by several owners). Ran good for a few weeks. Problem seems to have started when starter went bad. Replaced that, coil and rotary button.(Coil later proved to have been good)! Starter works good, turns over well, but not starting.Getting...

98 Honda Prelude - Cranks but doesn't start, plugs fouled with gas. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 Prelude that runs strong for about 2 days and then doesn't start anymore. They plugs get fouled with gas and won't crank up. I can hear a few pistons going and then nothing at all but the starter. I have recently replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor as well. All the fuses seem...

95 civic with no fire to plugs [ 6 Answers ]

Help. I have a 95 civic that died the other day and since then I can not get any fire to the plugs. Also the check engine light does not come on at all. I have replaced the ICM,MAP, and now the ECM. I have tested everything in the distributor and it all test good. I tested the Ignition switch...

1990 honda prelude won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda prelude it turns over but does not fire, we replaced the coil cap&rotor the module in the distrubuter checked the timing belt its good ,checked the ignition fuses . The car ran fine and died going down the road ,it acted like it was out of gas sputtering then died.it fires...

93 nissan pathfinder not getting any fire to plugs [ 1 Answers ]

We have checked the timing belt, the timing itself, the coil, the ptu, the fuses and the fuel pump and they are all fine, still no fire to the spark plugs can any one help diagnose this problem. Thanks amguy

View more questions Search