Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    millerleej Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Gold Fish Cloudy Tank
    We have 3 fairly large gold fish species, what size tank is adequate? One is showing signs of listing and black spots? They only get feed once a day and filter is changed often.

Help grand kids coming soon.

Thanks
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 10:45 PM
    I need a little more info and back ground info.
    Are they round bellied goldfish or long and slender? Are they new fish/how long have you had them?
    What kind of tank are they in now and how big are they? Goldfish are actually very,very large fish when full grown, so "fairly large" could mean two different things to us?
    Have you done anything different to the tank (large water change/clean filter/clean gravel)?
    Sorry to ask so many questions, but anything you could share with me will be helpful.
    Kae
    shan16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 08:57 AM
    You may have too many fish.they need about a gallon of water per inch.in a 10 gallon aquariaum you should only have about 3 or 4 fish.hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Crisis in my fish tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name Janet and I am having a crisis in my fish tank. I have a 29 gallon fish tank with 2 angels, 3 tiger barbs, 1 swordtail, 1 bosemani rainbow, 1 kribensis, 2 tetras and 3 frogs. I had 2 bala sharks that got sick after maybe 2 days in my tank with ich, so I treated them with prevent ich,...

Cloudy Fish Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 50 gallon tank. Wasn't cloudy until I discovered one of the little sharks dead, caught in the filter thingy I removed the dead fish and added the treatment chemicals? What's next I have nine other fish I don't want to die. HELP! I'm new at this fish stuff, so please answer question...

Cloudy 10 gal. Fresh Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here we go I set up a 10 gal. fresh water fish tank up back in November, I have no fish in the tank. 1) the PH was very high so I tried to get the ph down (still working on this) 2) the tank has been very cloudy (milky) for about 1 1/2 months No matter what I do its very cloudy and the...

Fish tank cloudy [ 6 Answers ]

All the typical teats come back normal (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate) but the water stays cloudy no matter the water changed or not. The fish tank is a 72 bow front with 4 fish 2 Amazon tiger catfish both about 8 in. 1 armor catfish and 1 pleco. I know the tank is not over stocked or over feed. Any...

Cloudy Fish Bowl [ 5 Answers ]

We just got two fish and put them into a fish bowl yesterday (I don't know what kind of fish they are, put was told they do well in a bowl). This morning the water in the bowl is quite cloudy. What do I do?

View more questions Search