Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kfederigh01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Witness protection program
    Hi
    My parents were in in witness protection program 30 yrs ago. My name was changed.I located my original birth certificate. I would like to know if I can get my social sercurity number that went with it. I'm trying to get a passport. I lost my birth certificate wit the name I have now. I afraid to use my original name because the SS number won't match. I would like to know how to go about this.

Thank you

kfederigh01
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2007, 06:58 PM
    You apply for a replacement social security card just like any other.

You never go back using your old name, you should have not gotten your old birth certificate ( not saying you can't, but your parents should have told you not to, unless they left the program and are no longer hiding)

So you just put in for your replacement SS card just like you get any card.
    kfederigh01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Hi,
    My parents are out of the program. But how can I get my SS number if I don't have the birth cerificate that they gave me under my new name. That's the problem. How would I get that birth cerificate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Ok, you don't need a birth certificate to get a replacement social security card, you merely give them the number, the data and you get sent one.
    It is very easy, you just apply for a replacement, don't need any documentation.

And since they file the new birth certificates with the state you can merely ask for and get a replacement birth certificate.

You get yours just like anyone gets thiers?
    bjslot5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 03:28 PM
    I am doing a research on the different witness programs for each state that has it, and would like to compare them with the Federal witness program.
    I am doing this for school.
    bjslot5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bjslot5 View Post
    I am doing a research on the different witness programs for each state that has it, and would like to compare them with the Federal witness program.
    I am doing this for school.
    From what I can see the effectiveness or efficiency can't compare. The marshal's should train the police that are doing the programs.
    Isn't that dangerous with so many corrupt cops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Witness protection program [ 13 Answers ]

This is kind of a silly question, but I was just thinking... if you needed to go into witness protection, but you were in debt and had creditors after you, would the government pay the debt and/or forgive the debt? Because otherwise, the creditors would be trying to track you down, and that would...

Witness Protection Questions [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a writer doing research for a fiction novel and stumbled across this website - hope someone can help me! :) I have a few questions about the witness protection program. First off, can a noncriminal be placed into the program? Every website I've looked at so far has only mentioned...

Witness protection program [ 8 Answers ]

Just searching for info. On Witness Protection. If someone knew they were entering the Witness Protection Program, would they be allowed to let their parents know that they were leaving for a long time, but would be OK, or something along those lines? Or, would it be more like one day they were...

Is my friend in the witness protection program? [ 5 Answers ]

My best friend and former boyfriend changed his last name to a common one and won't tell me why. Apparently he did this a long time ago and got very angry when I asked. He also keeps a gun by his bed and locks his bedroom and bathroom doors. He did receive a card from his family with his...

Another Witness Protection Program question? [ 5 Answers ]

Thanks For The Help.

View more questions Search