Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Traveling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Is BTA,$1500, required to have before you can come back to US from working in the UK with a working visa? US citizen coming back home? Before you are allowed to buy an airline ticket to come back home?

Would like to know if BTA, basic travel allowance of $1500, required to leave the UK to go back to your own country (US and also as a US citizen)? A friend of mine told me that before he can travel, he has to show proof of this money in hand and it will be returned to him once he arrives at his destination in the US. He is a US citizen and worked in the UK with a working visa that just expired 2 months. Ago and would like to come back home but was asked to provide this BTA of $1500. Is this legitimate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 08:34 PM
    No, this is a common thing requested by people who are doing dating scams.

There is no such requirement
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Feb 10, 2012, 08:42 PM
    This smells like a scam.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 08:46 PM
    I have merged your posts, please do not ask the same question over.

First this person is not your "friend" it is a person you have never meet I bet. They sent you a email either wanting to love and move in with you, or share some secret money with you when they get here. ** That is how this scam normally works.

No it is not true,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basic travelling allowance [ 2 Answers ]

Do you need basic travelling allowance to leave ghana

Basic travel allowance is required for uk citizen before travelling from uk [ 4 Answers ]

Basic travel allowance is required for uk citizen before travelling from uk

How many W-4 allowances? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am a resident alien in the US for over 5 years now. My wife has been here 6 months and is a non-resident alien. Last year we filed "Married filing jointly". Single income, non-homeowner household. So far I have claimed "0" allowances on my W-4 and have received a refund on filing...

View more questions Search