Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Treesolver Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
    Who is investigating foreclosures?
    I received a letter in the mail from a company that's looking into HSBC and their foreclosure practices. My home was forclosed last year. The letter wanted me to write back to them with information about my case and they may be able to help me with it. I believe I was treated unfairly when I lost me home. I had a buyer who was willing to pay cash for the house and I went to a realtor to help me with it. I was also in bankruptcy when I lost it. HSBC told me it was too late and nothing could be done to save my home. Anyway, I lost the papers that I needed to send back. Is there a way I can find out who is looking into this? Or, who sent it to me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Contact your state attorney general. Several AGs have negotiated with major national banks over foreclosure practices. A settlement was recently announced with some of them. Do not talk to anyone but the AGs office, anyone else may be scamming you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 06:13 PM
    There really are no other companies doing this, there are dozens of scams out there trying to get this to have your personal data for other reasons. They get social security numbers, address, and tons of personal data by merely sending you a letter.

Private companies can't investigate, only government agencies.
    Treesolver Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm usually pretty savvy about scams, but this came with several forms and had info about my house and was very official looking. I guess it's a good thing I lost the papers. Thanks, also, for the tip to contact the AG. I will do this. I don't brlirvr I should have lost my house. I had a buyer. We, the buyer and myselp, went to a realtor and filled out the paperwork to sell it. Contracts were signed. Then, when I contacted HSBC about it, they said it was too late. Any feedback about this would be helpful.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 12, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Treesolver View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm usually pretty savvy about scams, but this came with several forms and had info about my house and was very official looking. I guess it's a good thing I lost the papers. Thanks, also, for the tip to contact the AG. I will do this. I don't brlirvr I should have lost my house. I had a buyer. We, the buyer and myselp, went to a realtor and filled out the paperwork to sell it. Contracts were signed. Then, when I contacted HSBC about it, they said it was too late. Any feedback about this would be helpful.
    Comments about how your foreclosure was handled would depend upon which state your home was in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clark Paints: The production department has been investigating possible ways to trim [ 2 Answers ]

Clark Paints: The production department has been investigating possible ways to trim total production costs. One possibility currently being examined is to make the paint cans instead of purchasing them. The equipment needed would cost $200,000, with a disposal value of $40,000, and it would be...

Paranornal investigating [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to join a team in paranormal investigating. Does anyone have a team who need an extra person in their team? I am in the west midlands

Bi-Polar / Personality Disorder Investigating / Abrupt Behaviour [ 21 Answers ]

Hi ! I would like to introduce myself to the community and I am very happy there is a site like this this in existence. I am here to discuss the possibility of a personality disorder, perhaps bi-polar disorder. I know you can't diagnose someone with a mental disease just through a post like...

Researching pre-foreclosures & tax lien foreclosures sales [ 3 Answers ]

How do I research a pre-foreclosure, notice of defaults or tax lien foreclosures at the county courthouse? And how do I know if there is going to be a tax lien foreclosure sale on a certain property? I went to the courthouse to do research, and they sent me to the register of deeds to do my...

Investigating a Sepuence of Numbers [ 1 Answers ]

The sequences of numbers a1=1*1! a2=2*2! a3=3*3!. Find nth term of the sequence.

View more questions Search