Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2012, 05:39 AM
    Facebook friend requests: How to reply with message but NOT accept or reject?
    I get Facebook friend requests where I'm not sure I know the person... but maybe I do.

Is there a feature that I can turn on so that I can reply to the request (but not accept or decline) asking the person how they know me?

It's a pain in the butt to go to the person's profile and message them. It would be nice to just click on a button that says "Reply without accepting or denying".

Is that possible?

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2012, 05:50 AM
    Nope. You can Hide it, then you can Delete Request or Confirm.
    To message the person it's just a matter of clickling on their name and sending a message from there; it's actually a good exercise to view their profile, might give you a better idea of who they are.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2012, 05:59 AM
    Thanks. I was thinking that was the case... but hoping there was some feature that I did not have turned on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it common to reject friend requests on Facebook [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am considering joining Facebook, I have very bad social anxiety and normally don't participate in those social networking things. I would like to send a 'friend request' and maybe reconnect with this guy I talked to online 2 years ago. We used to talk often but lost contact. He lives in...

Someone is interested in me and sent me a message so give a message to reply. [ 3 Answers ]

Someone viewed my profile and was interested in it that she likes it so much.so give a nice message that I can use to reply.

My ex didn't reply to the B'day message [ 6 Answers ]

Hey... I need your help guys. My ex broke up with me 2 months ago. It was his b'day a few days back and after contemplating about whether I should wish him or not I finally decided NOT to wish him. But guess what my will kind of broke down and I decided to wish him the next day by scrapping him-...

Should I reply to a message from my ex? [ 2 Answers ]

Broken up with my ex for the third time. She's 17 going on 18 I am 20 going on 18. We had a great time together however she became cold a month ago, perhaps doesn't want to be in a relationship now and wants to live a little I guess... BROKE UP 3 weeks ago before valentines - my birthday 21st...

View more questions Search