Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moni77 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Engagement Party Speech
    My mom is throwing my fiancé and I an engagement party this weekend. We'd like to thank everyone for coming and being a part of the wedding, etc. etc. Does anyone have any good ideas for a toast to our guests? Also... we have been secretly house hunting and found a new house. Our families know but our friends don't. We think this could possibly be a good time to announce our good news. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Start with thanking everyone for attending and for supporting the two of you as you embark on your new adventure together. Then give some anecdotes about some of those closest to you. I would end the speech with mention of the house being the place where your life together will begin, and where they will all be invited to visit in the future for a house warming celebration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke up engagement [ 21 Answers ]

I broke up my engagement and feel very ashamed and feel guilty to have brought a bad phase of life to my family.. :( I broke up with that man as I found very difficult to survive with him and he was a drunkard and a loser. My questions are: 1. How do I answer the people that know my...

Engagement gift etiquette [ 2 Answers ]

Is a newly engaged bride to be supposed to give an engagement gift to the groom to be? If you are the newly engaged: Congratulations!

Old Engagement Ring [ 24 Answers ]

Should you give it back if you changed your mind or accept it because it was a gift?

Text to speech [ 1 Answers ]

Is a website where I can download a thing where the computer reads the page to me?

Engagement Gift [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. Well one of my very good friends just got engaged recently and I wanted to know if its approprate to get him/her a sort of congratulation gift, or is that a bad idea. Should I just save my money and wait for the wedding? :)

View more questions Search