Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 9, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Water weight after pregency?
    My sister in law delivered baby Jacob Lloyd three days ago and is concerned about her water weight after delivering. She is being told by her doctor that it takes time (and personally I agree) and she should wait awhile.

She has a lot of swelling; waist, arms, legs and feet. She was determined to be per-diabetic and she is testing daily.

She is looking for any suggestions that will help her to lose this weight (when ready).

Stringer
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 9, 2012, 06:10 PM
    Stringer, I've been there! Big time!

In fact, my water weight was so bad that I almost ended up back in the hospital. They were very concerned.

My mom came over and gave me a remedy. Mom was a bit of a witch doctor (that's what Rod always called her). She was all about natural meds and remedies, but don't let that scare you.

She gave me rice and pears. Yup, you heard it. Plain old rice with pears. It actually tastes pretty good, and it works.

Well, the day I started eating her concoction I was in the bathroom all day peeing, but I lost 30 pounds, all in water. A day later I saw my doctor, and he said I was fine, wouldn't have to got back to the hospital. I had the same issue when I had Syd and it worked again.

Try the rice and pears, but, if it doesn't help instantly (within a day), she really needs to see her doctor.
    Business Expert

Feb 9, 2012, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Stringer, I've been there! Big time!

In fact, my water weight was so bad that I almost ended up back in the hospital. They were very concerned.

My mom came over and gave me a remedy. Mom was a bit of a witch doctor (that's what Rod always called her). She was all about natural meds and remedies, but don't let that scare you.

She gave me rice and pears. Yup, you heard it. Plain old rice with pears. It actually tastes pretty good, and it works.

Well, the day I started eating her concoction I was in the bathroom all day peeing, but I lost 30 pounds, all in water. A day later I saw my doctor, and he said I was fine, wouldn't have to got back to the hospital. I had the same issue when I had Syd and it worked again.

Try the rice and pears, but, if it doesn't help instantly (within a day), she really needs to see her doctor.
    Thanks Alty I'll pass this on to her.
    Pets Expert

Feb 9, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Let me know how it goes. It really worked for me. Just make sure that this is what she eats, breakfast, lunch and dinner, for at least a day.

Also, you know I'm not a doctor, so I don't need to say that this isn't a medical diagnosis, but none of the doctors that were worried about my water weight, had a solution, they only wanted to hospitalize me. Only my mom had a solution, and her solution worked both times (even though she wasn't around for Syd). Still, this isn't a sure fire cure, it just worked for me twice. :)
    Business Expert

Feb 9, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Let me know how it goes. It really worked for me. Just make sure that this is what she eats, breakfast, lunch and dinner, for at least a day.

Also, you know I'm not a doctor, so I don't need to say that this isn't a medical diagnosis, but none of the doctors that were worried about my water weight, had a solution, they only wanted to hospitalize me. Only my mom had a solution, and her solution worked both times (even though she wasn't around for Syd). Still, this isn't a sure fire cure, it just worked for me twice. :)
    My sister in law and my wife say thank you very much she will try it in a day or two.

One more question they have; is this white or brown rice and is this regular pears? Cooked pears or raw pears? And how did you prepare this, just mix it up maybe in a blender? (I am not a cook or anything approaching one :)).

Thanks again.
    Pets Expert

Feb 9, 2012, 06:33 PM
    My mom made it, and she used regular white rice. Not the 5 minute stuff though, the real rice that you actually have to cook forever.

The pears were regular canned pears.

My mom cooked the rice, put the pears on top. But she said they had to be eaten together.

Like I said, I was in the bathroom the entire day while and after I ate this, breakfast, lunch and dinner. But by the end I had lost 30 pounds, all water weight. I had a build up of water after giving birth, and this was the only solution anyone offered that actually worked.

I was one day away (and I had to beg my doctors for that), from ending up in the hospital. I was that bad.
    Business Expert

Feb 9, 2012, 06:35 PM
    My mom made it, and she used regular white rice. Not the 5 minute stuff though, the real rice that you actually have to cook forever.

The pears were regular canned pears.

My mom cooked the rice, put the pears on top. But she said they had to be eaten together.

Like I said, I was in the bathroom the entire day while and after I ate this, breakfast, lunch and dinner. But by the end I had lost 30 pounds, all water weight. I had a build up of water after giving birth, and this was the only solution anyone offered that actually worked.

I was one day away (and I had to beg my doctors for that), from ending up in the hospital. I was that bad.
    Thanks Alty she said that she definitely will do this.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 12:46 AM
    That's interesting Alty, I've never heard of that, but you know, it can't hurt! Worth a try.

But other than that, it DOES take time! You don't put all that weight on in one day, you don't lose it all in one day either.

Ambulation is another aid in losing the water gain.

Oh, CONGRATs Uncle Stringer!!
    Business Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    That's interesting Alty, I've never heard of that, but you know, it can't hurt! Worth a try.

But other than that, it DOES take time! You don't put all that weight on in one day, you don't lose it all in one day either.

Ambulation is another aid in losing the water gain.

Oh, CONGRATs Uncle Stringer!!!
    Thanks J, he IS beautiful.

Would you explain Ambulation please?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Ambulation means walking. If you ambulate, you walk.
    Business Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Ambulation means walking. If you ambulate, you walk.
    Thanks, I feel like I should have know that... :(
    It's only been a few days and she is still pretty sore but he doctor told her to walk also.

Thanks again J.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Stringer, if she was diagnosed pre-diabetic then the swelling is a serious issue and should by addressed with her doctor. Trying the pears and rice will certainly do no harm, but this is a serious health related issue.

On the other hand, although she is testing her sugar levels every day, that is well and good but just what kind of readings is she getting ?

In today's world there is no such thing as 'almost a diabetic', you either are or you are not.

She can't take a wait and see attitude, the water weight has to be taken care of immediately before it effects other organs.

Tick
    Business Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Stringer, if she was diagnosed pre-diabetic then the swelling is a serious issue and should by addressed with her doctor. Trying the pears and rice will certainly do no harm, but this is a serious health related issue.

On the other hand, although she is testing her sugar levels every day, that is well and good but just what kind of readings is she getting ?

In today's world there is no such thing as 'almost a diabetic', you either are or you are not.

She can't take a wait and see attitude, the water weight has to be taken care of immediately before it effects other organs.

tick
    Thanks Tic, I will make sure that she again talk to her doctor. I am aware of diabetes, I am type ll. So I will stay on this, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home pregency test is always right or wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,I'm so confused and worried cause my last period was begun 13 December 2011 but today is 8feb,I have no period and I want a baby so in those days we did not use any protection. I took a home pregnancy test but it was negative. Sometimes I'm feeling tired and bored. Am I pregnant? And when I...

Teen Pregency. [ 11 Answers ]

Help!! I have this friend and we've been friends since the 2nd grade(were in the 11th grade now) and I haven't really got to talk to her at all because my boyfriend doesn't like her because she sleeps around and he's afriad that I'll cheat on him when I'm w/ her. Recently I found out that she is...

Is it safe to have sex during pregency? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am sahar.. iam 4 month pergnant and my husband want 2 have sex with me.. he also want his 2 friends to join... he says it is his fantasy and he want to fullfil it... I have no problem in having sex with hi friends but is it safe to have sex during pregency? as I want this child.. help

View more questions Search