Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceciliaescobedo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 10:42 PM
    Boyfriend helped me pay off my house. His name is on the deed. How can I sell the hou
    I allowed my boyfriend to pay for the remainder of my mortgage. His name is on the deed now along with my name. Is there a and/or status on the deed
    ceciliaescobedo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 10:48 PM
    Can my boyfriend sell my house? He is on the deed.
    If I put my boyfriend on my deed. Can he sell the house without my signature
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 8, 2012, 10:53 PM
    No. It's not like the title to a car. It takes both of your signatures on a deed to convey clear title.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sell the land I'm buying from bond for deed to pay the remainder off [ 0 Answers ]

Im wanting to sell the land Im paying on in a bond for deed, can I sell it and use the remainder to pay it off. In the contract it states that "that no sale, transfer,assignment or pledge of this contract shall be binding on the sellers,nor shall it be of any validity or force, unless sale,...

Can I sell my house on a deed for contract if I have a heloc on it [ 4 Answers ]

I want to sell to my son in az maricopa co. my heloc is far below the value of the home and he is making the payments plus additional principal.. I want to record the deed for contract but don't want to stir up any stuff with the bank where I have the heloc.. any advise will be well apreciated

Girlfriend's name on deed. Splitting up... does she get profit on house sell? [ 1 Answers ]

Bought house and put girlfriend's name on deed but not mortgage. I have made all of the house payments. After 4 years living in house with her.. we are splitting. Will she get any profit from house sale?

Can you sell a house if one or the other on the deed doesn't agree with it? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about selling a home... my friends mom and dad are married and both on the title/deed of the house, but his dad thinks that he can sell the house without the permission of his wife and thinks that she has no say in it at all. Is this true? Can he still legaly put the house on the...

Sell My House, Then Buy It Back Contract for Deed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who offered to buy my house, to help me avoid bankruptcy, then sell it back to me contract for deed all in the same transaction. Is that legal? If yes, what needs to be done to guarantee I get my house back, and my friend is not stuck with it?

View more questions Search