Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hraai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Is the employer required to allow excessive absences due to back pain?
    An employee continues to miss work due to a previous job's injury. We have allowed her to attend the chiropractor during work hours but she wants to have unlimited doctor's appointments and have them all excused. We have positions that require state mandated ratios of employees to clients. This is becoming an extreme hardship to the employer and does not seem fair to the other employees. At what point are there too many absences? We have received no doctor's note that indicates she has any disability.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2012, 10:34 PM
    Your company policy is what decides what is too many. Esp chiropractors who almost always have appointments after working hours. But if she starts missing past your company rule, you issue warning and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in are lower quadrant-not back pain hx with chronic back could this be gyn [ 0 Answers ]

I suffer from chronic severe back pain. Recently I have been experiencing are lower quardrant pain this pain has become severe- can tell- getting up from sitting.is very painful that I have to try several attempts to get up because is so severe. Sitting is good as long as I don't have to get up. I...

In Alabama is my employer required to post a work schedule? [ 4 Answers ]

In Alabama are companies required to post a work schedule?I work for a private owned company,recently they have not been posting a schedule but instead calling us on a day to day basis to let some of us know when we work.

How many years is an employer required to keep a copy of an employees w2? [ 2 Answers ]

I am requesting a copy of my 2006 w2 from a former employer, for a recent tax conern are they obligated to give still give me a copy?

View more questions Search