Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    x_twister_x Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 09:54 AM
    What does it mean if my computer shuts off and says dvi or vga?
    While I am playing my hidden object games my computer just shuts down and on my screen it shows up dvi and vga what is wrong with this?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Knowing what the complete error message says would be useful.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 8, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Sounds like you have a desktop with a separate monitor the DVI or VGA? Is asking to select an input because the display has lost it's input source. Not knowing anything about your system I would guses that the shutdown is caused by overheating. Are you able to reboot rite after the shutdown?

Feb 8, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Iam able to reboot right away. And when it shuts off that all it says dvi and vga
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 8, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Sounds like you may be over heating check airflow around the computer and the proper operation of your fans of.

Feb 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
    Iam able to reboot right away. And when it shuts off that all it says dvi and vga

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer shuts down [ 3 Answers ]

We have an "emachine" with Vista. Recently it has developed a problem where it boots up, then will usually not connect to the Internet, then shuts down. When you turn it back on it will maybe connect to the Internet, then shut down again. We replaced the power supply with a larger one but it is...

HDMI.VGA.DVI.where do they go and what do they do? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new HP PC and flat screen monitor. The instructions I have did not explain clearly enough to me as I am not computer proficient. Could someone out there explain, in easy to follow instructions, the hookup of the various cables I have and what, specfically, they do? 1. I have one...

Dvi-d to vga cable [ 2 Answers ]

Hi On my monitor I have a vga and dvi-d imputs. I also play my xbox 360 on my monitor as well using the xbox vga cable and its starting be a pain keep switching the xbox vga cable and PC vga cable over when I want use them. So I thought about using the vga imput for my xbox and keep that...

Computer shuts down [ 1 Answers ]

My computer shuts down while playing games, it doesn't matter what game just any game and after a few minutes it just shuts down! No blue screen nothing, no warning. I have msi mainboard Fx 5500 vid card AGP 550 watt PS 2 gigs ram Win Xp pro 320 g HD which was just install I use to be able...

Computer shuts down [ 4 Answers ]

Hello to all. I have a couple problems with my computer:mad: . One is I keep having this box pop up saying cannot find FLASH.OCX. I don't know what that is and why it keeps poping up. Any suggestions? Also. The most annoying thing is that my computer will shut down for no apparent reason. It will...

View more questions Search