Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BriNicole Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 12:13 AM
    What are the chances of pregnancy?
    My and a friend had intercourse 3 days before I was supposed to start my period. We did not use any protection and he wasn't even sure if he did the "pull out" method correctly. I was supposed to start my period 2 days ago. I have been experiencing nausea. I stayed home from school because I threw up. I also have breast tenderness. I am extremely sleepy all the time. I come home from school, go to sleep, and when I wake up all I want to do is go back to sleep. I do not want to be pregnant. I am stressing a lot. I am thinking I might have missed my period due to stress. I am unsure. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 8, 2012, 08:16 AM
    Since you did not use any protection you have a good chance of being pregnant. If you are not ready to care for a child you're not ready for sex. Pregnancy can occur any time of the month whether you are using protection or not. Now you'll have to wait and see if you're period comes. If it doesn't, take a test using first morning urine.

Feb 8, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Thank you, I know I really wasn't prepared for sex in the first place. It just kind of happened. I wasn't thinking and now I have to live with the consequences. Thank you... I will wait a few days and if it doesn't come I will take a test. I have not told my mom. Do you recommend telling her?
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 8, 2012, 11:09 AM
    That's totally up to you. Maybe wait and see if you're period comes. If it doesn't then tell her. Please be prepared in the future. It's hard as a teen to ever think it could happen to you, but that one time is all it takes to change your life forever.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2012, 11:43 AM
    Since it was right before this period, a pregnancy test may not even show up positive for several more weeks.

But yes you can get pregnant any day of the month, even during your period.

Also there is no good way to do the pull out method, since there can be sperm in the early fluids and often the boy does not pull out in time anyway.

Feb 8, 2012, 12:48 PM
    Okay, I will wait a few weeks, I also have not told the guy... I am considering it but I don't want him to worry about it. Should I tell him so that he can help me through it? I want to tell him but he will be worried because he will get kicked off the football team and he will be super worried. I will definitely be more careful next time.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 8, 2012, 01:27 PM
    I agree with what the others have said. You're chances are as good as any since you used no protection.

I personally recommend telling your mother because if you're sexually active you need to take extra precautions with your overall health, including seeing a gynecologist for a PAP smear, prenatal vitamins and proper birth control.

As for telling the boy, I think the worry should be shared. My personal feeling is that he should "learn the same lesson" as you that protection is a MUST with all sexual relationships.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chances of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

What are the chances of pregnancy if my boyfriend and I have sex with a condom, he pulls out before ejaculation, and it's not during my fertile window? (someone please answer me, I want to have sex so bad but I've always been so scared & I'm not sure if I want birth control yet)

Chances of Pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my name is tony and a couple of days ago, me and a girl were having sex. At first I had on a condom, then she told me that she never uses them. I figured she used birth control however after sex she told me she didn't. So after I took it off, we were going for a couple of minutes and when...

Chances of pregnancy [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have fooled around a couple of times. And he was wearing boxers, but I wasn't wearing anything. And we were pretty much having sex with his boxers on. I don't know if he went or not, he acted like it once or twice. But I'm not sure. Each time we did this it lasted for about 30...

Chances of pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here and I've searched for answers everywhere and no one has helped. This may be a little long but PLEASE stick with me. I am on a normal 28 day cycle. On the 8th of Jan. I started my last period. So I was supposed to ovulate on the 21st or 22nd. My next period is due Feb. 5th. So...

View more questions Search