Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    precious0980 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 07:30 AM
    About Kids
    Fisrt of all I would like to thank for the advice and opinion on my question about the House Title. I have a 19 year old stepson who just move out 3 weeks ago. My husband ex-wife force him to share a rent of their son apartment. Does my husband have a right to say "NO" if he don't want to help his son? He is scared that if he will say no to his ex-wife she will going to tell him to sell the house though they are 6 years divorced and she's fixing to remarry again to her 3rd husband.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 05:27 PM
    No, your husband does not have to pay half of his son's rent. His son is 19 years old and your husband owes him no monetary obligation.

Precious, I have seen your other postings so I know that your husband owns his property jointly with his exwife. The smartest thing he can do is to try to get her to sign the title back to him. If she is unwilling, then he should consider getting an appraisal and buy her out or make a deal with her that if she signs the property back over to him, he will help out his son.

Please keep in mind that if anything should happen to your husband, she will be the sole owner of the house and can force you out. You need to have a serious talk with him about getting himself out of this bind he has placed both of you in. It sounds like she is holding this over his head and this is no way for the two of you to live.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2007, 06:47 PM
    He does not have to pay half the rent for his adult son.

As for the threat of selling the house... if he sold the house, the assets would be split with his ex and maybe that would allow him to get her off his neck. Sometimes waiting for the other to sell out or buy out is not worth it. Sell the house and move on and up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster kids [ 4 Answers ]

My brother and his wife are foster parents to two little girls 5 and 9. Origionally he wanted to adopt them, the problem is both girls are out of control and they lie and break everything and tear wallpaper down and now my nephew is starting to act like them. We all have become attached to these...

Latchkey Kids [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Ontario... does anyone know the legal age that a child may be left home alone... for a few hours or possibly all day

Why can't I see the kids? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Please help. I can't believe I have actually turned to online chat but I need help. Here's the deal. I had an affair hen I was married. I am now divorced and still seeing this man. We have been together for over a year but he's not divorced yet. He has been separated from his wife...

I have 3 kids and want 1 more [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have 3 girls ages 2, 4, and 8. I want to have one more but my husband doesn't agree yet. Can anyone tell me if 4 is better or worse than 3? Thank you!

Kids and $$$ [ 2 Answers ]

So my wife goes to the store with my 19 yo son. On the way they stop in to see my 23 yo daughter at work (vets office) My son sticks around with my daughter until she gets a lunch break, in the mean time my wife heads to Office Depot. While there the kids come in and hit her up for lunch money,...

View more questions Search