Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deebates Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Wheat bugs
    Hey I didn't see any bugs while I was cooking, but when I finished I saw one wheat bug. Is my food safe to eat or what?
    Sukari Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 11:54 AM
    Don't eat it, unless you are knowledgeable on that type of insect/bug. I found that many bugs and parasites , etc. can cause major illnesses, with flu like symptoms. Make sure your grains haven't been treated with pesticides. IF you eat meat... Don't eat meat, become a vegetarian or a vegan or do raw foods. You will live longer and be healthier as well as reduce your carbon foot print n the planet. YES you can get all the nutrients you need with these types of diets. Rarely have to visit the doctor and CHEAPER medicine. Animals carry worms and other parasites and the pesticides that their food is sprayed with are harbored in their bodies and when a human consumes the meat, the human ingests toxins. If the human lets these toxins build in the system, the human will become VERY ill with a disease and most likely die of cancer and whatever other type of bacterial and viral diseases are out there! Otherwise... Check out this websitehttp://www.manataka.org/page160.html
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Oct 3, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Safe? Yes. Wheat bugs, especially cooked wheat bugs, do not carry or cause human disease despite the previous response. Palatable? Not so much.

(I know.. . an old question, but I just had to respond.)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Once they are cooked no problem. Remember, some 3rd world people eat far worse than this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whole wheat flour bugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I store my whole wheat flour in Tupperware containers which are airtight, right? Wrong ! I strongly suspect the flour I purchased from a large market was already infested. I am so grossed out about this. The flour was not old. Should I have to freeze all my flour as soon I get home from the...

Bugs in whole wheat flour [ 9 Answers ]

Can you use whole wheat flour when there are bugs in it. Where does the bugs come from

How to get rid of wheat bugs from kitchen cabinets [ 0 Answers ]

How to get rid of wheat bugs in kitchen cabinets. I washed every one of my cabinets, got rid of any dry food with bugs. Thought it was done. They are back.HELP ME PLEASE

How to get rid of wheat bugs [ 8 Answers ]

I am finding small black bugs in my flour and other dry goods e.g. cereal, gravy mixes, pasta. They even get into sealed plastic containers. The bugs are very small, smaller than a rice kernel. I have cleaned and sprayed inside of the cabinets. This has helped but has not completely done the...

View more questions Search