Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryantan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 11:45 AM
    How do I file for taxes? (F1 Visa, OPT, Company does not withhold taxes)
    How do I file for taxes? My situation is: F1 Visa, OPT work authorization, Company does NOT withhold taxes. I began work in September 6 2011 (two month probation) and became full time on November 15 2011. I received bi-weekly checks since September 6.

Please help. Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
    Assuming you arrived in the U.S. on or after 1 January 2007, you are a non-resident alien and must file Forms 1040NR and Form 8843, plus Schedule C, plus the unidentified state income tax.

Since they are NOT withholding any taxes, I assume you are being paid under Form 1099-MISC; that is why you must file the Schedule C.

If you want my professional help, double-click on my title above and scroll down to my profile/signature. You will find my email address and websites there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 (1 semester) + OPT (2 months) + H1b visa (3 months), how to file Taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I came on F1 visa and graduated in May 2008 (studied 1 semester in 2008) then I started my job as a physical therapist on OPT base for 2 months and I got H1b visa and worked 3 more months in 2008, 1) how do I file taxes? 2) which things do I have keep in mind while I file taxes? Fairly new...

How to file taxes when paid by check but employer did not withhold taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I work for a small business and they do not have me on the "books" - meaning they are not paying pay roll taxes or deducting taxes from my paycheck. They pay me every two weeks by check. I'm worried now I have been here for a year and it's time to file my taxes. I do not have a W2 form with them...

On H1 and Opt ?How to file Taxes? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyOne. I recently graduated from college and I was on OPT for a brief period. From may 14th 2007 to oct 1 2007(it ends on may 15th 2008). I got my H1 on Oct 1 2007 (start date ). I have made 25000 dollars ,after Oct 1st, I have not made any money on opt but I was a GA and made 5450$...

Need help to file my taxes on OPT to H1 [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I came to US on jan 2004 as F1.dec 2005 to dec 2006 OPT . Dec1st 2006 H1 1. CPT started: Aug 2005 to Nov 2005 Worked on CPT in internship from Aug 2005 to Jan 2006 Here my OPT started on Dec 10th 2005 (I continued this job in my OPT for 2 months dec05 & Jan 06)

Helping to file taxes for OPT visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am assisting my girlfriend with filing her first tax return, and she is currently in this country on a OPT (f1) visa. Her income is greater than the $3300 deduction limit, however we have both heard that OPT visa-holders are exempt from Soc. Sec. taxes and Medicare taxes. Are both of these true?...

View more questions Search